Song Help Request Chris Ramos - The Break Up Song Tabs?

SoulMax

Reaction score
I can't seem to figure out the strumming pattern or the tabs? Anyone willing to help me out? Thanks.

chords are G, Em, C [or high C] whatever you call it.....and another chord where you bar the the 2nd fret and you just add your middle finger on the A string of the 3rd fret...

and i think the strumming pattern is..

down,up, chunk , up, up, down, chunk, up, down

chunk is like muting..if you dont kno...kepps...sorry if this dosent help..but yeahh goood luckk.:D

I can't seem to figure out the strumming pattern or the tabs? Anyone willing to help me out? Thanks.

Hey brah, I actually just recently learned this song from a friend of mine, the chords used in this song consist of:
Code:
       G     Em    C    D7
A |----2-----2-----3-----3------------------------------------]
E |----3-----3-----3-----2------------------------------------]
C |----2-----4-----4-----2------------------------------------]
G |----4-----4-----5-----2------------------------------------]
I don't know of any picking for the song, but those are the chords non-the-less.
Ne ways enjoy :cool:

Those chords are a half-step down from how he plays it, he uses G#, Fm, C#, D#7, so if you move each chord up one fret, it'll be correct.

Last edited:
Hmm I tried out that strumming pattern it didn't seem to sound right. I'm thinking its down,down,chunk,up,up,up,chunk,up,down,up. Can anyone confirm?

I heard this song for the first time today on ukulele. I think I'll learn it soon. My friend played it pretty awesomely with all kinds of other fluff on top of the basic strumming pattern. I've got to figure that out. :)

its funny. i see chris ramos at the gym all the time, but im too shy to ask him. lol

im glad ppl are tryin to break it down tho, wanna learn this pattern cuz its so universal

its funny. i see chris ramos at the gym all the time, but im too shy to ask him. lol

im glad ppl are tryin to break it down tho, wanna learn this pattern cuz its so universal

At least we know now he lives in Vallejo, eh?

At least we know now he lives in Vallejo, eh?

neva knew dat? yea, he an his cuz were the reason i wanted to start playin! when hula hut opened (benicia) we were jammin out (meh singin along) to a bunch of 3+ songs. jus gotta get good now

yeah he has his own stumming for the whole song its just a few parts that have a certain stumm and mute... when you play D7 you mute it after every strum(basically everytime you strum D7 you push it down and let go) and the end of the first verse there is a certain stum there...also on the beginning of the second verse its just chunks...ionno if you understand it...i wish i could show you but all i can do is type...just find your comfortable strum pattern you'll be fine its not that hard...just get the chunks in the right spot then your gooooood

Last edited:
Oldschool thread from the dead. :p

im in class right now so im not 100 percent sure on how i play this song but i think i play it like this:

G-Em-C-D

as for the strumming, idk man, shits pretty hard. lol

Those chords are a half-step down from how he plays it, he uses G#, Fm, C#, D#7, so if you move each chord up one fret, it'll be correct.

you mean up one as in, for example, second fret to first or second fret to third?

I would try this for most of it:
DOWN, down, up, chunk, mute, mute, UP, up down UP, up, down

the first mute is an up stroke, the second mute is a down stroke.
put more emphasis on the "DOWN" and "UP" strokes with all CAPS.

optional: On the last "up down," you should be transitioning to the next chord. For example, strum a 0000 open chord going from G to Em, or barre the 2nd fret from C to D7
DOWN, down, up, chunk, mute, mute, UP, up down UP, 0000, 0000
DOWN, down, up, chunk, mute, mute, UP, up down UP, 2222, 2222

optional: For the D7, barre 2222 and hammer middle finger to the A string 3rd fret (2223) on the first DOWN.

Here's something you can practice:
G
Em
C
DOWN, down, up, chunk, mute, mute, UP, up down UP, 2222, 2222
D7

Your strumming might vary when you start to feel the music, but that's perfectly acceptable. This is just something to get you started and familiarize you with it.

Top Bottom