CONTEST! Win an Ohana 'Ukulele!

Elainede

Reaction score
Aloha All,

If you go to the Napa Valley Flea Jumpers website: http://fleajumpers.wordpress.com you will see an announcement for an opportunity to win a new Ohana, all-koa, soprano `ukulele. All you have to do is submit the winning entry in a logo design contest for the 2009 Wine Country 'Ukulele Festival. I know there are some very artsy types out there and can't wait to see what you come up with. There'll be more information on the festival itself (Sept. 11, 12 ,13) later.

count me in!

Aloha All,

If you go to the Napa Valley Flea Jumpers website: http://fleajumpers.wordpress.com you will see an announcement for an opportunity to win a new Ohana, all-koa, soprano `ukulele. All you have to do is submit the winning entry in a logo design contest for the 2009 Wine Country 'Ukulele Festival. I know there are some very artsy types out there and can't wait to see what you come up with. There'll be more information on the festival itself (Sept. 11, 12 ,13) later.

Thanks for the info! I could really get into this contest. Can you enter more than one design?

– Lori

Type?

I see the example of your poster from last year doesn't have any typography. Do you want the design to be without typography, or do you want type to be part of the entry?

–Lori

My apologies

I am so sorry I didn't respond to either of you, sooner. Dominic, please be sure to let us know when you move up here (or even if you just come to visit). We'd love to meet you and all your instruments! Lori, you can enter as many times as you want (I think you've already sent me some entires, didn't you? Thank you very much!) We'll figure out how to handle the type and where it's going to go after we choose the winner. Just give it your best shot.

Everyone else: this contest ends April 24 and we'll be posting another contest soon afterwards...all in support of the Wine Country 'UKulele Festival; you're all invited! :music:

For now, stay tuned to the Napa Valley Flea Jumpers website for the latest information on the festival and the contest.

Elaine
Wine Country 'Ukulele Festival
Kani Ka Pila

Only 14 days left!

:cheers:We've received some great entries but would love to have more! It is so much fun to see what people are coming up with! And we will soon be annoucning another contest-uke giveaway.

But, you can start practicing now! Visit: http://fleajumpers.wordpress.com and download "My Little Wine Rack" from the Song Files and start practicing. Details to come!

Elaine

I saw this earlier... Looks like a great contest and I will definitely be entering! Are you looking for something more like a poster (to fit that whole 12X18 size) or a smaller, simpler logo than can just be enlarged?

Thanks for the info!

Posters, T-shirts, coffee mugs, you name it.

Aloha and thank-you. We will be using it for our publicity and promotional goodies. So, it should be able to work for a poster, mainly, and also T-shirts, stickers, etc. It should be colorful in keeping with last year's theme. Good luck. Can't wait to see what you come up with! Elaine

So...... What was the upshot of this? I missed the deadline so I couldn't enter, but I see no announcement has been made. Hey, at least I didn't have to sweat bullets waiting like a bunch of others have.

I emailed Elaine about a week ago, and she said she was waiting to hear from the other judges. They had it narrowed down to 5 at that time. I am wondering too....
–Lori

Still waiting, too. That said, it can't exactly be an easy contest to judge, considering there are probably all types of logos submitted, consensus has to be reached among a whole bunch of judges, etc.

Keep in mind, the April Reggae contest hasn't been announced either, and we all know that's got to be a tough one to judge, with the sheer volume of entries. Because this one is more or less anonymous (emailed in) it's tougher to say what number of entries they're dealing with... <-- this is what I keep telling myself, anyway. ;)

Man, I'd like to see what peoples' entries were, though. Anyone up for showing off their entries here once the contest is over?

It's funny because as soon as I'd posted this, I got an email in my inbox about this. The posters are all awesome, and it MUST have been a toughie because those runners up look absolutely great to me!

Top Bottom