Guitar sounds very low

pakiboy949

Reaction score
I'm currently using a classic guitar (I'm a noob with the guitar), a Carlos to be precise and it has a very deep/low sound. When I strum my E and A strings kinda dominate the other four strings. I'm assuming it's because those 2 strings are steel and the rest of them are nylon, is that probably it or is it just how classic guitar kinda sound? This seems like it's a stupid question, sorry :eek:

yes it is because the two are steel that they are louder. nylon strings are usually very low and soft strings

The 1st-3rd treble strings are nylon. The 4th-6th bass strings are nylon filament core (like floss) but are wound with metal.

Compared to the uke, a classical guitar will sound lower. If it sounds unusually low, the possible causes are:
  • You need new strings. In which case I recommend either D'Addario Pro-Arte Composites, Normal Tension, (and use the brown composite 3rd string that is provided for a smoother transition from the basses to the trebles) or Savarez 540J Alliance High-Tension. The D'Addarios will produce a neutral tone. The Savarez will produce a brighter and louder tone because these are made of carbon rather than nylon.
  • You have hard-tension strings but you tuned them up loosely.
  • You have a poorly-built guitar (very unlikely, but it's always a possibility if you got a very inexpensive model).

Top Bottom