Twin Cities Ukulele Orchestra -- April 24, '09

sukie

Aloha
UU VIP
Reaction score
So, the TCUO has its first gig! It's at the 331 Club in Minneapolis. Lanark thinks we will be up first, so if you don't want to miss us get there before 9 p.m.

I want to see videos! I wish I could attend, but I'll be out of town, so hopefully someone will get some video footage.

For all you people from the Twin Cities -- don't forget tonight is our gig at the 331 Club in Nordeast. Be there by 9 so you won't miss us.

Hey Ya!

Break a leg, you guys! And to quote a fellow UUer...."Pix, or it didn't happen!"

Show went really well. Good crowd for us. (It thinned over the course of the rest of the evening too.) We went over fab. It was videoed and recorded. (Hopefully I'll get a copy of the recording in the next week.)
We learned a little something about arranging ourselves and how to mic and we'll be ready to rock our next gig.

Hell, we even made a little bit of scratch for our efforts (which still always amazes me. I've dragged several hundred lbs of guitar gear out to clubs for seven bucks for a whole band before.) We did well.

And scored an offer on a spot for the big spring art crawl through NE Minneapolis. (Not to mention that the club manager guy liked us and is a fan of Victoria Vox who he's booked before. (TCUO : AAA++++ will book again!1!!1!)

As soon as we've got something together for your listening and or viewing pleasure, we'll pass it on.

It was a really fun night. We did play to a packed house -- not that the bar was that large, but....

You could tell the bar patrons weren't sure what to expect when we started our first song. But they quickly got into it and we received a lot of applause. I can't believe how fast the time went. All of a sudden we were on our last song -- Hey Ya. Great song to end with.

Lanark has done a lot of work putting everything together. Thanks! :bowdown:

Alright! Congrats to the TCUO! Pics asap, please.

So -- we have another gig coming up!!!

Saturday, May 16th at 2:30 (if I remember correctly). It is during the Art-A-Whirl weekend in N.E. Minneapolis. It seem the fine folks of Northeast know how to appreciate a good ukulele orchestra when they see one. :D

Top Bottom