Quick and/or Dumb

k0konutz

Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of questions in the Uke Talk forum are just little quick questions.
I think it would be helpful and reduce clutter to have a stickied Quick and/or Dumb Ukulele Questions thread for those that don't really deserve their own thread.

Define for me your view on a quick/dumb question. Just cuz someone wants to know about strings, or about a ukulele brand, or about other ukulele questions that you might know and they dont makes it a dumb post?

maybe we should make a thread saying rude site suggestions?

Last edited:
Define for me your view on a quick/dumb question. Just cuz someone wants to know about strings, or about a ukulele brand, or about other ukulele questions that you might know and they dont makes it a dumb post?

maybe we should make a thread saying rude site suggestions?

rude site suggestions, sounds good... When talking about this..

Something like quick questions wouldn't be to bad, but not dumb. Questions that you ask are not dumb, unless you say them for attention.

But for now, i think uke talk is best.

Something like quick questions wouldn't be to bad, but not dumb.

People often feel like, "oh this might be a dumb question but..." And that's why I included "dumb" in the "quick/dumb" thread suggestions for questions that you may feel are quick and/or perceived on your own accord as being a dumb question.

I'll change my suggestion to this:

I think that there should be a stickied thread in the Uke Talk forum for quick ukulele questions.
"How do you post audio only?"
"what's the difference between baritone and soprano?"
"How do I change my pick up battery?"
"What kind of uke does William H Macy use?"

Additionally, a quick questions thread would serve as somewhat of a database for the common quick questions that users could search through and maybe find their answer quicker than having to wait for someone reply to their thread.

the thing about having a quick questions thread is that some people usually look at the thread TITLE to see if the thread relates to them. i know i do... usually if a thread doesn't interest me, i skip over it. if theres one BIG thread, people might not get to see a question that they have that someone else asked. sure you could use the search feature but for regulars that come here often, having a new thread shows up in their "recent posts" or posts since your last visit.

that was kind of confusing. but also, if one question becomes such a big topic, it might overshadow other people's posts that do include quick questions. thats my opinion.

because this is a forum where people can learn from everybody, there are no dumb questions! im not trying to bash anyone because that is not my intentions! everyone can learn something new no matter if you played for 10 years or 10 min.

titoboy, I got your back on this one. There are no dumb questions when it comes to the uke. It is being discovered daily by new players as the word gets out about this cool little instrument. Therefore, feel free to ask any question you want. I personally will help answer any questions one might have if I know the answer.

In K0konutz defense, however, I hear him when he meant to say that some people might think "this is too dumb a question to ask". Not so, ask away everyone.

.....thanks, e.lo.....

I understand what your mean k0ko. Like a FAQ for Newbie's kind of thing.

It is a catch 22 though. Even if you list a really really good list of FAQ's then you'll get people still asking those questions in the forums. And I've seen plenty of forums where people who frequent those forums get snippy with the noob asking the question. Like a "DUH read the FAQ"

And even if the FAQ is soooooo good it does answer all questions a newbie could have, it also drops the amount of discussion. There are plenty of threads in this forums that start out as a newbie question and the subject moves to a more complex kind of question. So a basic question on "What kind uke should I buy" turns into some fantastic long thread. Maybe it doesn't always happen often but that does happen.

Did I make sense there? Long story short I'm voting no on the thread idea. But, I also say keep making suggestions for the site. :)

Top Bottom