to perm or not to perm?

IamRobbyah

Reaction score
waddup mah braddahs an sistahs?

im growin out my hair, very very slowly... grr. i really hate the way my hair naturally sits:

DSC00195.jpg

it only gets progressively bigger, worse, and unmanageable as it dries.

an alternative to this is to have it braided, but doin it every other week gets mighty costly.

that leaves me with the option of getting it permed. i really like the islander look, like so:

hair.jpg

the closest ive come to this was after i take out my braids:

DSC00187.jpg

and
DSC00186.jpg

so, my main question stands: what do i ask for when getting my hair permed? one of my friend's mom is a stylist an she said she hook me up, but she works outta an old lady parlor filled wid blue haired, lil ol ladies, so im worried that she might not catch my drift...

any suggestions?
salamat

I definitely like it better natural. you can control how frizzy you want it that way, by braiding it. it would be awful if you permed it and realized you hated it and then had to just tough it out.

My hair style is exactly like yours, although my hair color is brown. It flicks out, but my hair isn't as long yet so you cannot tell.

To be honest, i hate my hair... I wanted it perm as well like the islander look... But, i would be judged very badly hahaha

so, when you say perm?? you mean perm until the regrowth comes back... or perm, as in forever?? <<< that even possible??

hahaha i thoguht you were fred LmFao!! sorry.

Last edited:
I had a homey that had his hair a lil longer than yours. Anyway, he decided to perm it and he totally hated it. Kinda looked like a mophead LOL. It was only a couple of days until we busted out the good ole #1 ;)

aww... soooooooo not the responses that i was lookin for :rolleyes: lol. none-the-less, thx for the feedback guys.

deep in my heart, i kno ur all right, but my problem is that i dun have the straight pinoy/azn hair. its all big an uncontrollable...

i ono, when some ppl tell me that they hate their hair, i jus tell them that it looks normal on them and that it looks fine. jus the thing is, that when i see guys with the same kina hair as mine, jus longer, i think it looks dumb.

my lil cuz permed his a while back, an he loved it. too bad he never took any pics of it cuz now its grown out/relaxed.

hrmm. still torn. thx guys an gals

There's always ways to control the frizz. my hair is wavy and is just a big ol mess most of the time. but if you just put a hair smoother, you've got some extra control. frizz control hairspray also helps. :D

nuke! grow it out. i turn the big 30 next month .
im turning 32 this year. i work in a doctor's office. and i dont currently have a girlfriend. hahaha that 2 year stage going from bald to long enough... the stage i call "fragglerock" well that aint gonna help any of those situations hahaha. its bad enough im covered in tattoos and im not even finished with those yet.

update! found a girl that does hair for a decent price, so looks like im goin itim style until my hair grows out a bit.

DSC00201.jpg

dayamm thats crazy! hahaha looks clean though. then when you pull everything loose, you'll have your perm too! hahaha

Top Bottom