Looking for entry level uke

JohnBoy

Reaction score
After much thought I have decided to purchase an entry level TENOR uke. If you have one you want to unload let me know what you have and what you would like for it.

Last edited:
try to be a little more specific. what size are you looking for? what is your budget? how important is tone/intonation/playability to you? "entry level" is a very subjective term. for me, entry level is usually something that costs less than $100, and good tone/intonation/playability is a hit and miss thing. but then youve got some great lanikais and kalas in the $100-200 range, that i dont consider to be entry level, yet are priced for beginners to take hold of a halfway decent uke and play them from total noob status, to... SEESO and GUTING who both play ukes in this category and make them sing!

Thanks for the advice. When I say entry level I am thinking of not more than $150. I for sure want a tenor. I really don't care about what brand because I honestly don't know if there is a lot of difference between brands at that price point. Maybe someone can fill me in on that but that should probably be pursued in the uke talk section. Thanks again for the input.

Thanks for the advice. When I say entry level I am thinking of not more than $150. I for sure want a tenor. I really don't care about what brand because I honestly don't know if there is a lot of difference between brands at that price point. Maybe someone can fill me in on that but that should probably be pursued in the uke talk section. Thanks again for the input.
any of the kala or lanikai ukes $100-150 would suffice then.

Ive had my eye on a Kala Spruce top tenor that could be had for about 150 shipped. my sister has the cutaway with pick up version, and it sounds great! I would have gotten it by now but I have my sights set on something just a tad better...hehe!

That might work. What is the condition and would it come with a case?

condition?..um brand new? hehe!. i saw them on ebay. i just checked and theres none up right now. but yes, it came with a case.

Got It

Well, my search is over! I just ordered a Kala KA-ST. Thanks for all your help.

Top Bottom