Del Rey & Craig Flory at Island Bazaar 6/27/09

salukulady

Reaction score
Del Rey & Craig Flory

In concert at Island Bazaar

Friday, June 27, 2009, 8PM

Del Rey plays concerts world wide and also presents a concert/lecture on women musicians called Women in American Music. She collaborates and tours frequently with Austin guitarist Steve James and she plays ukulele with Ukeshack . She is featured on Maria Muldaur's cd Sweet Lovin' Old Soul. She has contributed to projects in honor of The Mississippi Sheiks, Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Johnny Cash. Del Rey also writes about music for various publications, including Acoustic Guitar.

Del Rey has recorded five solo albums, Blue Uke (Hobemian 2008), When The Levee Breaks (Hobemian 2006), X-Rey Guitar (Hobemian 2000), Hot Sauce (Hobemian 1995) and Boogie Mysterioso (Hobemian 1993). In 2003 she released a collection of performances Del Rey:Live

Tickets: $20.00ea.

Del Rey will also be presenting a blues workshop on Friday, June 26th 7PM:

“Blue Uke; An introduction to Fingerstyle Ragtime Blues”

The workshop should be one the finest, as I have been researching Del Rey, and this lady knows her blues, and more importantly, how to teach it! Don’t miss out on this one, $15.00 per person.

Hey kids, this is happening this week. If you like blues uke, you'll enjoy this workshop and concert.

Del Rey is the best. She is a world class musician and musicologist. That's probably why no one here has heard of her, or understands what she does. I have all her albums, and her excellent uke instructional DVD. I've taken her workshops and seen her perform. Everyone here should.

Del Rey & Craig Flory

In concert at Island Bazaar

Friday, June 27, 2009, 8PM

Del Rey plays concerts world wide and also presents a concert/lecture on women musicians called Women in American Music. She collaborates and tours frequently with Austin guitarist Steve James and she plays ukulele with Ukeshack . She is featured on Maria Muldaur's cd Sweet Lovin' Old Soul. She has contributed to projects in honor of The Mississippi Sheiks, Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Johnny Cash. Del Rey also writes about music for various publications, including Acoustic Guitar.

Del Rey has recorded five solo albums, Blue Uke (Hobemian 2008), When The Levee Breaks (Hobemian 2006), X-Rey Guitar (Hobemian 2000), Hot Sauce (Hobemian 1995) and Boogie Mysterioso (Hobemian 1993). In 2003 she released a collection of performances Del Rey:Live

Tickets: $20.00ea.

Del Rey will also be presenting a blues workshop on Friday, June 26th 7PM:

“Blue Uke; An introduction to Fingerstyle Ragtime Blues”

The workshop should be one the finest, as I have been researching Del Rey, and this lady knows her blues, and more importantly, how to teach it! Don’t miss out on this one, $15.00 per person.
We're looking forward to seeing them tonight!

Top Bottom