Soulja Boy

experimentjon

Reaction score
Well, today, while driving, I finally tried some of the other presets on my radio. Usually I'm on KSSK or Island 98.5. (Hawaii stations that play pop music and Hawaiian songs respectively.) But, I wanted to hear Love in this Club, (and knowing how often the stations here repeat songs) I tried 104.3 which plays hip hop and R&B. And sure enough, I eventually heard Love in this Club...in fact I heard it twice on the trip. But I also heard this new Soulja Boy song...apparently, it's called YAAAAHHHHH.

Well, I know that not everyone has the same taste in music, but I'd say YAAAHHH is a big step backwards from Crank That. Anyway, today I found Nigahiga's (a local guy from the Big Island) video parodying YAAAAAAAH. I thought it was pretty hilarious.

YAAAAAH (Soulja Boy Original)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UfCmYyG-yg4

Nigahiga's So Damn Stupid! (Parody)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MymMhj3Vgww

So, what do you think about Soulja Boy? And what kind of music do you enjoy if not YAAAAAAAH?

i think souljah boy is a mess and a joke. i listen to hip hop, but nothing along the lines of this gahhhbage. Nas, Jay-z, Common, kanye, and this independent filipino rapper named Son of Ran.

haha i like that parody video tho, nothing wrong with a good parody vid. :D

i think souljah boy is a mess and a joke. i listen to hip hop, but nothing along the lines of this gahhhbage. Nas, Jay-z, Common, kanye, and this independent filipino rapper named Son of Ran.

haha i like that parody video tho, nothing wrong with a good parody vid. :D
hey uke, do you listen to nujabes, blue scholars or sound providers?

Nas, Kanye, Common, Talib Kweli, Lupe Fiasco, jay-z are my "mainstream" faves. the rest is junk!

all mainstream "hip hop" is junk to me now. it died with 2pac. first time i heard yaaaaaah, i threw up a little in my mouth. then i wanted to sock my friend for making me listen to it.

i swear, country has more worth to me nowadays, and i used to hate country with a passion.

Hip-hop is a form of music just like country and what not. I just hate that stuff like this is considered hip-hop for some people.

all mainstream "hip hop" is junk to me now. it died with 2pac. first time i heard yaaaaaah, i threw up a little in my mouth. then i wanted to sock my friend for making me listen to it.

i swear, country has more worth to me nowadays, and i used to hate country with a passion.

Man I totally agree with nuke on this one. The whole formula for the mainstream hip hop has become garbage in my opinion. SO many songs feature a decent beat, Random noises/notes repeated over and over, TERRIBLE lyrics, etc. :( I can barely stand listening to the top hits radio station now.

I used to hate country as well, but its not so bad these days. The funny thing is that tons of island bands did remakes of country songs island style and I totally dug em.

I used to hate country as well, but its not so bad these days. The funny thing is that tons of island bands did remakes of country songs island style and I totally dug em.

A lot of musicians cover country songs not just local bands. Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You' was written by Dolly Parton. 'I Swear' and 'I Can Love You Like That' that All-4-One sang were both originally by John Michael Montgomery, 'If Tomorrow never comes' is by Garth Brooks. Tons more I just can't think right now.

Country got some good stuff man. :D

Also soljah boy is horrible.

Last edited:
A lot of musicians cover country songs not just local bands. Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You' was written by Dolly Parton. 'I Swear' and 'I Can Love You Like That' that All-4-One sang were both originally by John Michael Montgomery, 'If Tomorrow never comes' is by Garth Brooks. Tons more I just can't think right now.

Country got some good stuff man. :D

Also soljah boy is horrible.

Soljah boy is the MC Hammer of today in the sense that it is entertaining because it is so cheesy....yet in 10 years nobody will admit to ever liking him..haha.

Plus, I find it amusing that all the big rap/hip hop songs of today have to come with a "packaged" dance routine...uhh. I can just see the producers saying to the singer "Well....OK, we can see this song being a big hit, BUT do you have a dance routine that goes with it for the kids??"

Last edited:
Soulja Boy, not Soljah Boy. "Soljah" makes him sound rasta...and he doesn't quite have dreads yet. :D

And the crank that dance move was pure genius. It's the only dance move that us young people know as well as the Electric Slide.

Soulja Boy, not Soljah Boy. "Soljah" makes him sound rasta...and he doesn't quite have dreads yet. :D

And the crank that dance move was pure genius. It's the only dance move that us young people know as well as the Electric Slide.

Yeah, crank that dance was sweet as. But its times over - to me anyway. But its funny how 90% of the people only know the words to the chorus and the dance :)

hey hey hey

who's soulja boys girlfriend?

YOOOOOOOOOOUU!!!

Top Bottom