Airline question

Fred Miu

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
ok so, some people may know that im going to hawaii for the whole summer. my question is....do you think its possible to bring a surfboard as a carry on? in addition to my carry on bag?

i would have to forget bringing my ukulele since i am only limited to 1 or 2 carry on bags.

also!

has anyone have experience with Aloha Airlines or ATA (not sure what it is, but imma google it soon) i havent been on neither, and i wanted to get someones opinion on it.

peace~

I usually fly Hawaiian Airlines and they've been good so far. I think you can bring a surfboard. You just check it in. I've seen others do it. You can still bring your uke I think. The uke is small enough. I usually bring a carry-on luggage and backpack with my laptop and stuff, and it hasn't been a problem.

I brought my uke with me one time on a trip to Colorado along with a carry-on luggage and it was ok, so I'm sure Hawaiian or Aloha Airlines will allow you to do it.

Surfboards are allowed, just gotta check it in. See it done all the time. You can also bring a guitar as a carry on, so you can most definitely bring a uke with you. I fly Hawaiian only, they're pretty good with all those things. You're allowed one personal bag and one carry on on the plane, and you're allowed 2 luggage to check in.

wait, so can i bring a carry on luggage, my uke, and my board?

thats my question. if yes, then i must cry for joy now.

*gone to sleep, i will read more and post more after a good nights sleep. goodnight!*

Yes.

You can bring a carry on bag and your uke on the plane, and check in your surfboard as luggage. :D

wait, so can i bring a carry on luggage, my uke, and my board?[/COLOR]

Your board needs to be checked in. It isn't free though. You'll have to pay a "handling fee." Last time I went via Aloha Air it was $35 one-way (thats for each board). But it's usually between $35-$50 each way. It depends on the receptionist that checks you in. You may be able to use your male powers of persuasion to got some sort of deal ;)

The uke is also does not count against your carry-on item. Kind of how you can bring your carry-on luggage and a laptop bag. If any problems, just tell em your uke is a laptop :)

Yes.

You can bring a carry on bag and your uke on the plane, and check in your surfboard as luggage. :D

i dont like that. id rather have my surfboard with me. reason is because if my board gets dinged by some other luggage, they arent liable for it.

i can always call the airline that im with and ask them, yeah?

i dont like that. id rather have my surfboard with me. reason is because if my board gets dinged by some other luggage, they arent liable for it.

i can always call the airline that im with and ask them, yeah?

You can ask.

Another option is to buy a hard case for your stick. But they're expensive. Alternatively, you could buy a board in Hawai'i, use it for the summer, then sell it before you leave. Buy a used board, and you won't end up spending too much overall, I'd think.

You can ask.

Another option is to buy a hard case for your stick. But they're expensive. Alternatively, you could buy a board in Hawai'i, use it for the summer, then sell it before you leave. Buy a used board, and you won't end up spending too much overall, I'd think.

buying boards in general is expencive. and im already limited to a certain amount of money because im going to be by myself.

im most likely going to be buying a concert ukulele from musicguymic himself. and bringing my board as a carry on.

thanks guy for your support. keep it up! i need more info!! haha

People check their surfboards all the time.....which means that no, you will not be sitting next to your surfboard while on the plane:(.

They make some insane travel board bags these days. You need to invest in a good one to ensure that your board makes it there safely.

People check their surfboards all the time.....which means that no, you will not be sitting next to your surfboard while on the plane:(.

They make some insane travel board bags these days. You need to invest in a good one to ensure that your board makes it there safely.

thanks, imma have to look one up on eBay i guess.

ok so, some people may know that im going to hawaii for the whole summer. my question is....do you think its possible to bring a surfboard as a carry on? in addition to my carry on bag?

i would have to forget bringing my ukulele since i am only limited to 1 or 2 carry on bags.

also!

has anyone have experience with Aloha Airlines or ATA (not sure what it is, but imma google it soon) i havent been on neither, and i wanted to get someones opinion on it.

peace~

Yo fred,

Frist, let me say that you will most likely not be able to carry a surfboard on , but I am sure that you can check it, and put it underneath.

Second, I have flown on both of those airlines, and they are both great.

And third, my wife, son, and I are moving to Hawai'i in June. If you are still there, mabye we could get together and jam a bit ( I'm sure that you could borrow or buy an Ukulele while you are there) .

Let me know.

Aloha
Acabo'oe:cool:

Yo fred,

Frist, let me say that you will most likely not be able to carry a surfboard on , but I am sure that you can check it, and put it underneath.

Second, I have flown on both of those airlines, and they are both great.

And third, my wife, son, and I are moving to Hawai'i in June. If you are still there, mabye we could get together and jam a bit ( I'm sure that you could borrow or buy an Ukulele while you are there) .

Let me know.

Aloha
Acabo'oe:cool:

thanks bro! ya imma probably go with Aloha, since it is the cheapest lol $390 round trip!

imma be in Oahu, so if you are on that island. I AM DOWN TO MEETUP MAN! ahaha. thanks for your feedback. you helped me out just that much more.

Hey Fred, could you possibly borrow someones board here in Hawaii instead of bringing your own? Then you woudln't have to worry about checking it in and all. Thats always another option.

^^ that would be nice, but i dont know anyone who will lend me their board for the summer. my roommate only has one board.

plus, i havent ridden any of my boards yet....:(

^^ that would be nice, but i dont know anyone who will lend me their board for the summer. my roommate only has one board.

plus, i havent ridden any of my boards yet....:(

haha, I guess what better place to break in a board than in Hawaii? I guess you'll just have to get a nice hard case for it so it won't get damaged. There's no way you're fitting it in the overhead compartments on the plane. :p

haha, I guess what better place to break in a board than in Hawaii? I guess you'll just have to get a nice hard case for it so it won't get damaged. There's no way you're fitting it in the overhead compartments on the plane. :p

i know there are places to put boards on a plane, ive seen it. its kinda near the bathrooms where people put the baby walkers.

i cant find a hard case for a board, they are like $300 if i do, and im limited to a certian amount of money.

hahaha!! Im jealous as!! :D :D

Well i think its great you can take your uke and surfboard, they have really nice beaches over there because Australia got very very nice and clean beaches and everybody says Hawaii has better.

How much did it cost.. FOR THE WHOLE SUMMER!!! I would like to now ~ you have probably already mentioned it but im lost..

Top Bottom