Mainland Uke Review

franulele

Reaction score
Mainland Concert Mahogany Ukulele

Yes, I know.... Denno just reviewed the same uke. Oh well! :eek:

Actually I was so impressed with Denno's playing, that I though that if I got a Mainland Concert Mahogany like his, then maybe my playing would miraculously make a quantum leap! :bowdown:

Anyway, this is a wonderful uke, and the service was excellent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0j4lCNoba0&feature=channel_page

Last edited:
well, that definitely made me want one!

I like your uke strap. Is that custom?

Yep.
Between you and Denno, I was convinced. I pulled the trigger this morning. :shaka:
Got the mahogany concert/gold sealed tuners/MOP buttons and bought a hard case for it. I'm confident I'll love it.
Can't wait!!! :nana:

Great rewiev, probably ordering one of those tomorrow

what song was that you played in the review? I think I'd like to learn it!

My Mainland cedar-topped tenor is one of my favourite instruments in the herd. Very loud, very bright and great sustain. I recommend their ukes with no hesitation (Mike: you need a Canadian distributor!).​

My Mainland cedar-topped tenor is one of my favourite instruments in the herd. Very loud, very bright and great sustain. I recommend their ukes with no hesitation (Mike: you need a Canadian distributor!).​

Look for Mainland Ukes at the Ottawa Folk Fest!

Any chance of models without the binding? That is pretty much the only thing that is keeping me from buying a Mainland. Not a problem with the rope per se; I just am not big on binding in general.

Also, any updates on when we can expect to see banjo ukes from Mainland?

Any chance of models without the binding? That is pretty much the only thing that is keeping me from buying a Mainland. Not a problem with the rope per se; I just am not big on binding in general.

No plans on a plain model at the moment. I'm supposed to be seeing the proto-types of the banjo-ukes at the end of this month.

The Honeybee has a different type of binding than Mike's other ukes. If that binding were available as an option on other Mainlands a lot of us would go broke buying one of each. :eek:

Attachments

• DSC01824.jpg
    DSC01824.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 64
Look for Mainland Ukes at the Ottawa Folk Fest!
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm in Ottawa August 14-19 for the AMO convention, but will be driving home on the 19th. I'm going to MISS this event by two freakin' days!!! It's a five-six-hour drive each way, so I can't just turn around and go back on the next Saturday. Damn, damn, damn, damn.

Are you going to be there? If so, when? If you're there earlier (say Tues or Wed), we could meet (and maybe I could buy a uke...).​

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm in Ottawa August 14-19 for the AMO convention, but will be driving home on the 19th. I'm going to MISS this event by two freakin' days!!! It's a five-six-hour drive each way, so I can't just turn around and go back on the next Saturday. Damn, damn, damn, damn.

Are you going to be there? If so, when? If you're there earlier (say Tues or Wed), we could meet (and maybe I could buy a uke...).​

I don't think I'm going, but the Ottawa folklore center will have a Mainland table. The grand prize for the festival raffle will be a Mainland cedar/rosewood concert.

Top Bottom