Fighting Games

Talk about fighting games you're playing, ones you've loved since day one, and hype up the ones that no one else plays.

I tried this with just SF4, but I guess no one was following the hype as much as I was. So I figure this might work with all fighting games.and to a lesser extent, Smash. hahaha

Those of you who play fighters competitively, the 10th Annual Evolution Championship Series is happening this August in Vegas. This time it's at the Tropicana on the Strip! Last couple years it's been nearby in Henderson, NV.

This year's lineup:
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Any of you guys look for tips on certain games, let me know. I'm kinda washed up when it comes to the competitive scene nowadays and I'm just a fan now, but I'm still pretty proficient in MvC2, CvS2, and I dabble in a few others.

I still have the original Mortal Kombat on Genesis thats pretty bad ass right? Right guys?....Ah who am I kidding that game sucks ass and it has ever since the day I had it. Still remember the blood code after all these years though. ABACABB

I still have the original Mortal Kombat on Genesis thats pretty bad ass right? Right guys?....Ah who am I kidding that game sucks ass and it has ever since the day I had it. Still remember the blood code after all these years though. ABACABB

haha i remember that game. i thought the second one was funny, with all the babality and friendship and stuff.... totally unnecessary but funny. i like the SF2 series (turbo, championship, etc). Also the alpha series but i was never good at it.

im a big fan of vf5 and tekken dr, however, i'll never get tired of sf2 hyper fighting... ken & blanka pwn!

I will kick your butt at Dead or Alive 2. I'm also pretty decent in Marvel vs. Capcom (Gambit, BB Hood and Cammy is my team). And back in the day, I could do all kinds of fatalities in Mortal Kombat II.

Hokuto no ken : such a fresh game, and so much comboable...
CVS2 : Grooves Systemps make this soft 6 games in a game , but gfx from the 1st episode were high above.
GGXX accent core : Boring....

Waiting for sengoku basara X.

Hokuto no ken : such a fresh game, and so much comboable...
CVS2 : Grooves Systemps make this soft 6 games in a game , but gfx from the 1st episode were high above.
GGXX accent core : Boring....

Waiting for sengoku basara X.

Haha I've always wanted to play HnK, but after seeing HOW BROKEN IT IS, then I just decided to pass.

CvS2 nowadays is so sleep-inducing thanks to the discovery of roll cancelling, the Bison PTF custom combo (alternate video), and Sakura's ShoShoSho custom (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8COlfiYels -- fast forward to around 2:20). Nowadays anything you see in high-level play has some elements of those three.

Last edited:
i would play the SSBB and Tekken competition.

Tekken is a good game, mortal combat is old school stuff and i still play it to this day, whooo!@

Haha I've always wanted to play HnK, but after seeing HOW BROKEN IT IS, then I just decided to pass.

CvS2 nowadays is so sleep-inducing thanks to the discovery of roll cancelling, the Bison PTF custom combo (alternate video), and Sakura's ShoShoSho custom (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8COlfiYels -- fast forward to around 2:20). Nowadays anything you see in high-level play has some elements of those three.

Everything you say is true
BUT:

In HNK every characters is more or less broken so there's no real God tier anymore as 100% combos have been discovered for every characters. Jap tournaments are no longer dominated by random toki.

In CVS2, RC introduced a new way to play , and the game evolves from a 2 character games (blanka sagat) to a relative equilibrium where every chara can play around the bigboss with Rc-moves... Yet Rc-Blanka is a pain in the ass.
;)

mortal combat

Ahem?

I'm a huge fan of the Smash Bros series. I even imported Brawl from USA so I could get it earlier. Really, we're not supposed to have it until June 27th, but I have it now. :p

I'm going to get a 360 for Christmas, so I'll be getting MK vs. DC, SC IV and so on.

Top Bottom