So, I TRIED to cover New Soul.

jello

Reaction score
I've only been playing the ukulele for maybe just over a month now. I found myself getting better so I figured, why not try to cover a song? HA.

I tried---and tried and tried.
I'm such a perfectionist. Whenever I do something, I HAVE to get it right. So I played it like 20 times & realized that I should just give up for now. I need some more practice.

Then I looked back at all the videos... & I made some really weird noises/faces.

So, I just made a video of all my attempts. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmzk5nVknmc

It's a fun video to watch! I like your voice, you just need to practice strumming/fingering. Post another attempt soon. I think it will be interesting to see your progress on this tune.

good job! not bad for a month and it takes guts to put yourself out there.:)

It's a fun video to watch! I like your voice, you just need to practice strumming/fingering. Post another attempt soon. I think it will be interesting to see your progress on this tune.

Thanks guys!
Yeah, I will for sure practice some more :D

99% of the time, the answer to WWSD is "fake it."

I think all of us who make videos do the same thing. The ones that finally gets on youtube is usually take 26 or something. You have a good voice by the way.

Last edited:
I think all of us who make videos do the same thing. The ones that finally gets on youtube is usually take 26 or something. You have a good voice by the way.

Thank you! Oh, & if that is true, one day I'd like to see all of your guys takes & mess ups one day! :)

good job! strumming and playing takes a while to get used to. especially if you're still trying to memorize chords at the same time. once you get it down though, it's just like riding a bike. oh yeah, even though there's no need to say it because everyone else has said it, NICE VOICE! keep doin what you do!

Top Bottom