Binablik ang sexy.

Bigylittle

Reaction score
So I kept shouting that around my house yesterday before I went to sleep (Call me weird, go ahead). Then the next day my mom picks me up from school and asks me what I was saying, so I resond and tell her "Binabalik ang Sexy". Then she's explaining to me that it's incorrect and what not. She says to replace "Binabalik" with "Pinabalik". And then she changes the whole thing to "Dala mo ang Sexy" xD We were arguing the whole drive home. Just thought I'd like to share. :D

"Pinabalik ang sexy"
That phrase is more like youre LETTING sexy be brought back.

"Dala mo ang sexy"
'Mo' is basically "you" so that wouldn't make sense either. It would be like "You brought the sexy"

Balik is to return. SO binabalik is like "returning" or being "brought back"
Ang is "the"
sexy = self explanatory

"Pinabalik ang sexy"

"Dala mo ang sexy"
'Mo' is basically "you" so that wouldn't make sense either. It would be like "You brought the sexy"

Ang is "the"
sexy = self explanatory

".. this has been aldrine guerrero with another episode of tagalog lessons" :D

doesnt it really just matter from what dialect you come from, cuz honestly i'm not tagalog. I'm ilongo, main dialect from Iloilo and Bacolod. And theres like a switch up like for dilim and itim, it's switched up to dulom and itom. So theres probably all different change ups of words.

doesnt it really just matter from what dialect you come from, cuz honestly i'm not tagalog. I'm ilongo, main dialect from Iloilo and Bacolod. And theres like a switch up like for dilim and itim, it's switched up to dulom and itom. So theres probably all different change ups of words.
in a way it does. i dont know all 72 dialects, but the conjugation of the root word "balik" to "binabalik" is kinda typical tagalog. so keeping within proper grammar, to be honest... i couldnt tell you. its just so hard to directly translate english slang phrases to tagalog. the context of the sentence can greatly alter the meaning of the verb, or the proper verb to be used can be different depending on the context.

confused yet?

to translate "im bringing sexy back"... i would go so far as to maybe say "binabalik ko ang aking kalibugan" hahaha but that can be translated back to english in so many ways.

what makes it difficult is the fact that in this case "sexy", an adjective, is being used as a noun. so cant really translate that. and the simplified version of everything "binabalik ang sexy" is loosely translated to "sexy is being brought back" hahaha

even more confused?

so am i. i give up.

let's just go with "kasama ko si danyo" hahaha

what makes it difficult is the fact that in this case "sexy", an adjective, is being used as a noun. so cant really translate that. and the simplified version of everything "binabalik ang sexy" is loosely translated to "sexy is being brought back" hahaha

That was the hardest part explaining to my mom >.>

My mom just read Aldrine's post. She says Im too persistant haha.

"Pinabalik ang sexy"

"Dala mo ang sexy"

Ang is "the"
sexy = self explanatory

you thief ! lol , look wat you started! i want a ala wai swim team jersy or a waita diving team tank top!

LOL. I think your mom totally doesn't get the whole "Bringin' sexy back" term. It's that whole generation gap and parents just don't understand thing ;)

The following phrase makes it a lil easier to understand:

"Binabalik muli ang seksi"

It kind of reinforces that the "seksi" part which indicates a passing fad is once again being brought back into style. Oh, and 'seksi' I believe is the official Taglish translation for 'sexy.'

Either way, that shirt is genious! Ang galing! :)

Top Bottom