Air Guitar...WTF?

Ukeguy510

Reaction score
So for the past year I've been thinkin my buddy's lil bro is missing a couple of nuts and bolts in his head. On many occasions he'll just randomly bust out an air guitar routine out of nowhere. Turns out he's an aspiring air guitarist.

Here's a vid about air guitaring:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwK7Kiib39w

So what do you guys think about it? I think its f'n funny. :D

one problem I see with that, they all play the air guitar. Where's the air Uke!?

This is incredibly hard to believe. You sure these guys didn't just get together to make a joke video because thats what it seems like to me.

idk.... but i remember posting on another thread about how the show "Scrubs" had an air band..... air drums, air guitar, air bass, and lip syncing..... it was awesome haha

omg haha I saw a documentary on this on umm VH1 a few months back. I remember that Bjorn tu roque guy was on it. At first I thought it was a paradoy of some sort, but it's totally serious. haha It's cool stuff. People just having fun. x]

u guys might think its stupid and what-not but its around us and we can't do anything about it. It's not like they are trying to be guitarists, they are more like a comedy, and air guitar is their art. Here's a video of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoAnMxlMh0I

Haha. I ain't tryin to bash it. If it inspires and entertains ppl then kudos to them. Competition is actually judged on technical merit, stage presence, and "airness." I think the funniest thing is when some of them bring out an actual guitar case and pull out an invisible guitar LOL

So, who is brave enough to venture into the world of air ukulele? :)

I know my opinion means nothing but I think it's the silliest thing I've ever seen. If I was one of those guys I dont know I could myself serious.

Wow..these people are actually serious? To me it looks like really odd dancing with fingers scratching down by the crotch for the most part..... it must be the transparent non existent instrument that they are pretending to have in their hands but don't thing that is most confusing.

It is nice that we are all individuals and can choose our talent to pursue....

I am going to go air skateboarding now... When I return home I plan on eating air for dinner and then watch air tv.....hmm.

Last edited:
Wow..these people are actually serious? To me it looks like really odd dancing with fingers scratching down by the crotch for the most part..... it must be the transparent non existent instrument that they are pretending to have in their hands but don't thing that is most confusing.

It is nice that we are all individuals and can choose our talent to pursue....

I am going to go air skateboarding now... When I return home I plan on eating air for dinner and then watch air tv.....hmm.

haha funny.. that's exactly what I did. :)

u guys might think its stupid and what-not but its around us and we can't do anything about it. It's not like they are trying to be guitarists, they are more like a comedy, and air guitar is their art. Here's a video of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoAnMxlMh0I

Wow C. Diddy is crazy awesome!

Do you think that the air guitarists are actually real guitarists and all those fingers they are doing are real?

Wow C. Diddy is crazy awesome!

Do you think that the air guitarists are actually real guitarists and all those fingers they are doing are real?

C. Diddy is the current champion in Air Guitar I believe. In the documentary I watched, most of them aren't real guitarists, nor have they ever played a guitar. All of the fingering is made up and just meant to look cool. haha They are judged on how technical their fingering is so the more it matches with the song the more points they get. It's good stuff haha but looks really ridiculous and impossible at times.

normally, I'm of the first to say 'to each his own' on something like this, but I've got to draw the line on this one . . . . I want my 4 minutes back.

omg haha I saw a documentary on this on umm VH1 a few months back. I remember that Bjorn tu roque guy was on it. At first I thought it was a paradoy of some sort, but it's totally serious. haha It's cool stuff. People just having fun. x]

I saw a documentary too...and there are tournaments about that in europe.. something really really crazy!!!!!! i was like :eek:

The documentary was called Air Guitar Nation. Check it out. It's kinda funny :)

Top Bottom