NHL Playoffs

BrianB

Reaction score
Any hockey fans? Whose your team and who do you think will compete for Lord Stanley's Cup?

Your in Texas eh? So you must be rooting for the Stars.

I think it's going to be either Montreal or Pitt from the East and the west... who knows.

Series I'm most looking forward to: Flyers vs Caps.

I was pissed when the Oilers didn't make the playoffs but I'd like to see Montreal win it all just because their playing with a bunch of kids and relying on a rookie goalie.

I live around DC so I want to see the Capitals do good, might be one of the greatest turn arounds in a season.

But i have been a Red Wings fan for a long time, so that is who I am rooting for.

I'm a Canucks fan - and am pretty PO'ed that they didn't make the play-offs AGAIN!

I was pissed when the Oilers didn't make the playoffs but I'd like to see Montreal win it all just because their playing with a bunch of kids and relying on a rookie goalie.

The Oil was surprisingly competitive this year considering they lost a lot of guys.

Montreal has a good record in the playoffs with rookie goalies. Could Price be the next Patrick Roy? hehe. They're going to be tough to beat in the East. Pitt is looking tough too though. Should be a good Conference finals.

The west doesn't seem as compelling to me this season. I think the Red Wings and Avs will take their series. The Ducks while on paper are a better team, they don't seem to have that winning team chemistry they had last season and I think they might lose to the Stars. The sharks are so hot/cold I think the Flames have a chance to take the series.

Well.. I'm a die hard leafs fan. they didnt make it this year but they're team building! but yea I am rooting for pittsburgh... and strangely im also rooting for washington.. cause they just snuck in and they could do some damage. Tonights game was intense against the flyers. I would LOVE absolutely LOVE to see pittsburgh and washington duke it out for the conference title. and then they will probably play san jose.

Your in Texas eh? So you must be rooting for the Stars.

I think it's going to be either Montreal or Pitt from the East and the west... who knows.

Series I'm most looking forward to: Flyers vs Caps.

Yeah, I'm a Stars fan. So far so good against the Ducks. I'm rooting for Montreal in the East, always liked them. So I would like to see Stars-Canadiens in the final. And if not, I just hope the Red Wings don't get there.

I havne't been watching this season... Too busy with work and my newborn son... But I am routing for the wings... I've always been a big Hasek fan...

Thread resurrection!!!

Round 2 of the playoffs begin today.

Redwings vs. Avs
Sharks vs Stars

Habs vs. Flyers
Pens vs. Rangers

I kind of wanted the Capitals to win so we could see Crosby/Malkin vs Ovechkin in round 2. It was close to happening but oh well.

Looking forward to the Redwings vs. Avs series. Hopefully the bad blood comes back.

Have a feeling Stars are going to roll the Sharks. They looked good beating the Ducks.

Habs vs. Flyers is going to weed out who is less tired. Both had to go through 7 game series.

Pens going to roll the Rangers I think unless the extended time off hurts them and they lost their rhythm.

Round 2 of the playoffs begin today.

Redwings vs. Avs
Sharks vs Stars

Habs vs. Flyers
Pens vs. Rangers

Since the Caps are out I am all Red Wings.

Rooting for the Habs, because the Flyers, not the refs like alot of people around here think, beat the Caps

Pitt probably win in 5 if not 4

Dont know enough about Stars and Shark. So I Sharks are meaner than Stars, Sharks win.

Since the Caps are out I am all Red Wings.

Rooting for the Habs, because the Flyers, not the refs like alot of people around here think, beat the Caps

Pitt probably win in 5 if not 4

Dont know enough about Stars and Shark. So I Sharks are meaner than Stars, Sharks win.

Same here, shame the caps lost :( but anyways Red Wings are my secoind favorite team anyways :D

GO PENS!!!!

I'm more into the NBA playoffs at the moment though/

OK folks Confrence Finals

We have an all PA Eastern Confrence Final. Flyers v. Penguins

And the Western Confrence. Stars v. Red Wings

Who you got?

I am all about A Penguins v. Red Wings Stanley Cup.

Flyers have suprised me beating the Caps in 7 and Montreal in 5, so they may give Crosby?Malkin a run for their money but I see the Penguins wining in 6 at most.

I am all Red Wings though. Osgood is going to become a wall in front of the net.

im hoping for a wings/pens cup final. i bet the NHL is hoping for the same. original 6 team vs crosby and malkin. the penguins are looking aa lot like the oilers from the 80s. they are so freaking loaded with young talent its ridiculous. crosby, malkin, fleury, hossa. gonchar list goes on and on. wings got the mule though so who knows. it ill be a close one.

Personally, I am a long time L.A. Kings fan. However, it is quite clear, once again, we will not be winning the cup this year. (Gotta MAKE it to the playoffs first). I'm hoping for a Wings/Pens cup final with the Redwings coming out on top. Should be a good series. L.A. Kings in '09 though!

kings200.gif

Personally, I am a long time L.A. Kings fan. However, it is quite clear, once again, we will not be winning the cup this year. (Gotta MAKE it to the playoffs first). I'm hoping for a Wings/Pens cup final with the Redwings coming out on top. Should be a good series. L.A. Kings in '09 though!

kings200.gif

Not with Dan "cant stop a beachball" Cloutier as your number one goalie you won't.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wJThfQmpmxA

Not with Dan "cant stop a beachball" Cloutier as your number one goalie you won't.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wJThfQmpmxA

One of the worst starting goalies in the league. The Kings actually have some talent up front but no team can win if their forwards lack confidence in their goalie. See what happened to the Coyotes as soon as they got Bryzgalov or the Capitals when they got Huet. If the forwards have confidence that if they make a mistake the goalie can bail em out, they don't have that constant fear that they need to backcheck right away and can try more things in the offensive zone.

Top Bottom