What Music Are You Listening To?

Fred Miu

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
back when i was a freshmen/soph in HS, i used to be apart of a forum called Glowsticking.com, not trying to promote, but i used to glowstring. anyway, we used to have a thread that i thought that i could bring and share here.

What Music Are You Listening To, right now?

it was just a thread for people are bored at the moment, and who listens to msic a lot and decides to post up what type of music, song, artist and the story behind why you are listening to that song(s) or artist(s).

Right now, i am listening to the MANLINESS of all manly bands, The Backstreet Boys - The Call. dont ask why, i was at my friends house yesterday/early this morning, and his older sister was playing backstreet boys and i started to sing along because i am a baller like that and i know the lyrics. now im downloading all their albums haha.

Last edited:
Right now it's Radiohead's new album "In Rainbows." I can't get enough of it. Sample the song "Bodysnatchers" on their myspace.

I just got the new Arcade Fire album. It is pretty nice. I got "In Rainbows" too. It is not bad either.

I think I have a Morrissey mix in the car.

Attachments

• favilla1.jpg
    favilla1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,032
  • favilla.jpg
    favilla.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 5
i listen to pretty much anything i can get my hands on. since i watch alot of asian soap operas ( not afraid to admit it!) i've been listening to ariel lin(tokyo juliet) and hawnee(over the rainbow)

I'm currently listening to the Chobits soundtrack (the first one)

I'm really into samba and bossa nova. This album is great for all that. It's one of the best anime soundtracks that I've heard. The others that I like are Samurai Champloo and Death Note. Good stuff :3

Right now it's the first T.J. Kirk album. I'm really into the funky modern jazz stuff (or as my wife refers to it "that's not jazz").

-John

Attachments

• hP1030069.jpg
    hP1030069.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 449
  • hP1030144.jpg
    hP1030144.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 129
  • hP1030067.JPG
    hP1030067.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 34
  • hP1030068.jpg
    hP1030068.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 36
  • hP1030063.jpg
    hP1030063.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 28
im currently listening to Kevin "nappy" Napoleon's CD titled "Simply Nappy" a wonderful CD if you get a chance to listen to it.

Attachments

• DSC_3646.jpg
    DSC_3646.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_3620.jpg
    DSC_3620.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_3621.jpg
    DSC_3621.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_3639.jpg
    DSC_3639.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_3616.jpg
    DSC_3616.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_3629.jpg
    DSC_3629.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_3627.jpg
    DSC_3627.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_3619.jpg
    DSC_3619.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_3625.jpg
    DSC_3625.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_3624.jpg
    DSC_3624.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 8
OK so I was on the Langerado website a few weeks back checking out who's coming to the festival this year and started listening to the jukebox thingy that has samples of the bands. I took a liking to the Avett Brothers, the Postmarks, and Jonah Smith. I've been listening to them non-stop along with Beirut (since I got my ukulele).

The others that I like are Samurai Champloo and Death Note. Good stuff :3

Oh man, the samurai champloo soundtrack is awesome. I really, really love the Cowboy Bebop one too. I bought the box set, it's really awesome.

OK so I was on the Langerado website a few weeks back checking out who's coming to the festival this year and started listening to the jukebox thingy that has samples of the bands. I took a liking to the Avett Brothers, the Postmarks, and Jonah Smith. I've been listening to them non-stop along with Beirut (since I got my ukulele).

I like Beirut too. I forced my friend to listen to some the other day... he wasn't so impressed.

Grappler: i was listening to Superhiest last night, ever heard of them? they were like an mu-metal band from Australia some years back

Josh Rouse gets sprinkled into my life all the time - new stuff and old stuff. Whenever I'm feeling pensive, he's there. Listening to Goh Nakamura's EP straight off his website all the time now. I also rediscovered one of my favorite bands of all time - Suburban Legends. They used to have a nice poppy ska sound, but about a year or two ago, they had some band member changes and now they play some weird fusion of glam rock, disco, pop, funk, which I didn't like at first. I'm liking it now.

Top Bottom