planetary tuner problem

liverlipsyyz

Reaction score
hi. great board here! i have a bit of a problem. my uke does not seem to want to stay in tune for more than 10 minutes or so. i'm wondering if it's just a matter of the strings settling in or if it's a problem with the tuning knobs. i have planetary tuners. i tried tightening the screws but i'm not sure how i know if i've gone too tight. i'm assuming if it's not staying in tune you are supposed to tighten the screws on the knobs, is that correct? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
liver

Planetary tuners are different. The knob would have to spin about four times before the shaft rotates even once. This gear reduction usually means these tuners simply don't slip. If anything I'd check the nut that secures the tuner to the headstock. If the whole tuner body is rotating, that could cause it. Otherwise I'd look for a string slipping around the tuner shaft.

Have you just changed strings...if so, what type? Aquila's for instance are notorious for stretching and taking a long time to settle down.

Top Bottom