Song Help Request Alexi Murdoch - Crinan Wood

RKing

Reaction score
Hey. I just picked the uke after years and years of guitar, decidedly converted by Beirut. I've had it for a few days and I love it.

Off the Away We Go soundtrack I found this really great song by Alexi Murdoch called "Crinan Wood". It's really simple; 3 chords, but for some reason I just can't get them. I'm a bit disheartened that I can't even get them on guitar and I'm sure as soon as somebody figures them out I'll be crazy over how obvious they are.

But, any help at these would be great.

Here's a decent enough sample of the song from last.fm. iTunes also has a pretty good sample and you can buy the OST there (which I suggest you do). If you're a downloader you can torrent the OST here.

Thanks!
Riley

I would like to see this one being tabbed out too. I've just discovered Alexi, and he is brilliant!

Though he reminds me a bit to much of Nick Drake some times..

got it!

I found something which sounds pretty good played with an ukulele:
--1---1---1---1--
--3---1---4---3--
--3---3---3---3--
--0---0---0---0--

Hope you'll find it good!
Aloha
H

guitar tabs to crinan wood

hey there,

I also just discovered alexi murdoch and love this song!! After recently learning to play the guitar, I've attempted to tab some of his simpler songs - the closest I've come is the following (C, G, and F chords):

capo 3rd fret:

e -----0-0----0-0--------x-x-----x-x-------1-1----1-1------0-0-----0-0--------
b -----1-1----1-1--------3-3----3-3-------1-1----1-1------1-1-----1-1--------
g -----0-0----0-0--------0-0----0-0-------2-2----2-2------0-0-----0-0--------
d -----2-2----2-2--------0-0----0-0----3-------3-----------2-2-----2-2--------
a --3-------3-------------2-2----2-2----x-------x---------3-------3------------
e --x------------------3--------3---------x-------x---------x-------x------------

The strumming pattern is pretty simple - you pluck the single note, and the rest of the chord is a quick "down/up" strum. This is for the guitar though, I don't play the ukelele, so I hope this translates to that instrument well, or at least helps in some way! Good luck.

Top Bottom