Song Help Request What program should I use to tab songs?

ukeADDICTx

Reaction score
So I wanted to tab a song, but the only program I have is guitar pro. It doesn't have a ukulele option and the closest instrument is the guitar. I was wondering if there are any good tab programs I could use to tab my songs or is there a way in guitar pro. Also, can I put my own recorded track into the program to produce the tab automatically? Thanks in advance.

So I wanted to tab a song, but the only program I have is guitar pro. It doesn't have a ukulele option and the closest instrument is the guitar. I was wondering if there are any good tab programs I could use to tab my songs or is there a way in guitar pro.

You can change the instrument to ukulele. In "properties," change the number of strings to 4 and you should see the option in the drop-down menu.

Also, can I put my own recorded track into the program to produce the tab automatically? Thanks in advance.

Not possible with audio-only information. If you had a midi file of your piece, you can convert it.

You can change the instrument to ukulele. In "properties," change the number of strings to 4 and you should see the option in the drop-down menu.

Not possible with audio-only information. If you had a midi file of your piece, you can convert it.

Now how do I make a midi file? Can I use a .wav file and convert to a midi file? Thanks for the help Seeso.

Now how do I make a midi file? Can I use a .wav file and convert to a midi file? Thanks for the help Seeso.

I guess there are some programs available that can do this, but I haven't tried any of them.

For best results, I would re-record the piece you wish to transcribe all in midi.

:smileybounce:If you can make that work, please hook us all up with tabs to all of WS64's Beatles covers!

Top Bottom