Song Help Request Last Kiss - Pearl Jam?

Ritloof

Reaction score
I'm trying to get this song right but I seem to be unable to...

http://www.azchords.com/p/pearljam-tabs-2995/lastkiss-tabs-112550.html

My problem is, when I'm changing from Am to F, it simply doesn't sound right; when I'm switching, it sounds flat, I mean, there is nothing between those two chords...

It's difficult explaining this over the internet and, also, my English isn't the best. I hope you get what I mean.

Thanks in advance,
Ritloof. :)

Hey, thanks, Citrus!
I begin to wonder now (yes, I am an Ukulele noob..) how do you play the Am/C chord?

Oh, and, yeah, you don't have any quick advice on how to figure out strum patterns easily, do you?

Thanks!

Hey, thanks, Citrus!
I begin to wonder now (yes, I am an Ukulele noob..) how do you play the Am/C chord?

Oh, and, yeah, you don't have any quick advice on how to figure out strum patterns easily, do you?

Thanks!

new guys are my favorite =D
in any case, the Am/C chord is normally played as
A - 3
E - 0
C - 0
g - 2

sounds a lot like a regular C
though I don't remember if that specific chord is in there, this link should help you out a lot with some of the other ones
http://www.ezfolk.com/uke/chords/

As for figuring out strum patterns, its often hard to figure out the one that's just right. The reason behind it is that many songs are more than just chords (the reason for that is that copyright law often means you can't post an exact tab, and moreover ukulele can have a hard time following an exact guitar part, much less the sound produced by a whole band) in any case, the best advice is to try out a variety of strums and seeing what you like.

The rest of this is only if you want to get over the board technical about the question

The only real question that can help is what time signature a song is in ( 3/4, 4/4, 6/8 etc.) If you're not quite sure what that means its that there's 3 beats for every measure or 4 beats for every measure. There's a number of strums that work well in any of them and generally so long as your working with even numbered times most of the strums in that category will work, good examples are the standard down, up, down, up. With something like 3/4 time, you'll only have 3 beats to work with so something like down, up, down would be more appropriate. On top of that there's a lot more than just downs and ups that you can play including mutes, rests, and chunks, but you may want to save that stuff for later. If you want any more of this technical junk you can either post of pm me and I'll be more than happy to help. Also you can generally just forget all of this technical stuff and play what you feel sounds right because 99% of the time you'll be following the rules just because you like the way it sounds, and if you fall into the 1% you can just claim you're trying to be artistic :p

Thanks a lot, again!
Your answer did help a lot, and I've finally figured out how to play it, which I had to do cause, even though I'm a noob, I promised to play the Uke in front of kids from my old school, hehe.

Thanks! :)

Top Bottom