Song Help Request Song Suggestions for pickwork

Pyrateknight

Reaction score
Hi all,

First off let me say sorry if this is in the wrong location and feel free to move it to its location. I am new and I thought this might be the appropriate spot.

Now to business. I am looking to learn songs that deal with moderate level pickwork. My objective is that if I pull out my Soprano Uke on a date that I can play a few songs that sound good. I dont want really sappy love songs but stuff that is kinda mellow and sounds good. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the help ahead of time.

for learning to pick you really can't go wrong with ken middleton tabs. they can be sorta easy, but trickier than they look. it may not necessarily be your type of music, but they are absolutely great to learn picking.

I think it might help to say I was looking for specifically song suggestions to learn. After that part its just looking for them.

good, but we don't know what you like. we don't know your playing level. see what i mean? please do check out the suggestions given, you'll be able to look at the tabs and see if they are want you want. too easy? keep looking. too hard? keep looking. the tab section here should give you something that will work for you. i play a lot of ken middleton stuff. i do not like all of it (no offense at all to you, ken) but it's just a fabulous way to work on fingerpicking.
i know we aren't really addressing what you want, but humor us and browse a bit. you might like it.:D

I am looking to learn songs that deal with moderate level pickwork. My objective is that if I pull out my Soprano Uke on a date that I can play a few songs that sound good. I dont want really sappy love songs but stuff that is kinda mellow and sounds good. Any suggestions?
How about stuff like Greensleeves and Scarborough Fair? Or some classical like Beethoven's Ode to Joy, Bach's Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, or Pachelbel's Canon?

"On Fire" by Ka'au Crater Boys would be quite an accomplishment.
I know there's tabs on Tropical Storm Hawaii

"On Fire" by Ka'au Crater Boys would be quite an accomplishment.
I know there's tabs on Tropical Storm Hawaii
If by pickwork, you mean a flat pick, then "Pinball Wizard" is always a fun crowd pleaser. Of course any Bob Marley - "One Love" "Three Little Birds" "Jammin'"- with or without a pick. Or take a song like Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'" , (John Mayer has a live acoustic version that's fun to play along to) and reggae-fy it - skank it up!

Top Bottom