Song Help Request Anyone know any mexican songs?

gotrice415510

Reaction score
So i have to do a culture project for my spanish class, and one choice is to play a song:D. So i thought why not play an uke song. But im way to shy to sing in spanish, so i was wonering if anyone knew any mexican instrumentals for the ukulele.

Any help appreciated!

How's your fingerpicking?

tim0g, who's a member here, has a nice little arrangement of "La Cucaracha" on his site.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10204&highlight=tim0g

And you said it's for a Spanish class, so does it have to Mexican or can it just be Spanish?

Fernando Sor was a Spanish guitar composer. Jamie Holding (another member here) has some Sor stuff on his site.

http://sites.google.com/site/classicalukulelearrangements/

capotastomusic.com has a very simple arrangement of the classic Romanza listed as "Spanish Romance."

So i have to do a culture project for my spanish class, and one choice is to play a song:D. So i thought why not play an uke song. But im way to shy to sing in spanish, so i was wonering if anyone knew any mexican instrumentals for the ukulele.

Any help appreciated!

Does it have to be mexican? THere are so many other Spanish cultures out there. Colombian, Puerto Rican, Spanish, etc... I love Jesu's Adrian Romero I believe he is Mexican but not the typical Aye ya ya type. He plays guitar but it is beautiful.

so i checked and yea anything that is Spanish is fine....

also thanks everyone for the suggestions so far, and i feel like im pretty good so is if its a difficult song please dont hesitate to suggest it.:D

El Cumbanchero aka The Gunfighter. Dont know if it's Mexican, but it's awesome.

if you eat something from taco bell, it'll make whatever you play mexican... :D youtube it.

Woud like any corridos if there are any available. And Cielito Lindo, too.​

Los Lobos are a great resource for excellent Mexican music. Pick up the "Just Another Band from East LA" compilation and there's lots of material.

Volver, Volver
Anselma
El Cuchipe
La Feria de la Flores
Carabina .30-30
El Gusto
La Pistola y el Corazon

among others....

Corrido #1

if you eat something from taco bell, it'll make whatever you play mexican... :D youtube it.

Taco bell isn't mexican. Drive maybe 2 miles out and look for a food van. That's mexican.

please keep them coming, i still haven't found one that fits my "vision":Dlol. La cucaracha would have been good but that arrangement wasn't very good, so if anyone has a nice arrangement for that then i would aprecciate it.

How about La Bamba? It's an excellent Mexican song.:D

Sabor A Mi performed by El Chicano . . . a classic tune that's been covered by numerous artists here, Mexico and abroad.

Top Bottom