Is America Insane???

backdoc972

Reaction score
Is America Insane??? ---American Idol spoiler alert

Alright, I admit it. I am an American Idol fan. But this year is driving me nuts. First Michael Johns get's the axe, and now Carly Smithson?? What is wrong with you people??

I love Jason, and I liked his uke accompanied interpretation of Brother Iz's "Over the Rainbow" but after last nights performance, he should have been at the bottom. I also love Brooke. She is an absolute sweetheart, but she is not the next American Idol and her staying safe after her performance last night could only be attributed to a pity vote. Don't even get me started on David Archuleta. If there was ever a more boring idol contestant, I haven't seen it. Yes, he has a lovely singing voice, but what a wimp. What a totally un-entertaining performance he gave.

Carly Smithson on the other hand has a voice that could melt the heart of an angel. Her personality, versatility and vocal strength is the best of the bunch. Her performance last night, even though she mucked up the lyrics (but to her credit, she didn't stop, and she got them right tonight) was simply amazing. I'm not even a Superstar fan at all, but she was incredible.

So, I am totally disillusioned on the whole show. I hope Carly get's a career in music and get's some good songs this time. Songs that allow her talents to shine. I hope David Cook win's the show, although I think his music career might be better suited to coming in second.

If David Archuleta wins, I hope he slips into the same obscurity that Reuben has gone. If perchance, Michael, Carly and David Cook all find success in the biz, then all will be right after all.

Last edited:
whoa.... no spoiler alert for us Hawaiians eh?

:)

Carly Smithson on the other hand has a voice that could melt the heart of an angel. Her personality, versatility and vocal strength is the best of the bunch. Her performance last night, even though she mucked up the lyrics (but to her credit, she didn't stop, and she got them right tonight) was simply amazing. I'm not even a Superstar fan at all, but she was incredible.

She kind of had her chance:

http://www.blender.com/articles/default.aspx?key=18696&pg=1

"#15 MCA’s teen-pop calamity
How sure was MCA that slinky Irish teen Carly Hennessy was going to be a gargantuan pop star? So sure that in 1999 they staked the former Denny’s sausage spokesmodel with a $100,000 advance, $5,000 a month in living expenses and an apartment in Marina Del Rey, California, spending roughly $2.2 million in all on her 2001 debut, Ultimate High. How wrong were they? In its first three months in stores, Ultimate High sold a whopping 378 copies, putting the label’s investment somewhere in the order of $5,820 per copy sold. Last seen, Hennessy had resurfaced—still looking for her big break—on season seven of American Idol. "

Last edited:
awwwwww......2 slaps with a broken ukulele string! Oh well.

I have to sorrily say that I actually thought Carly was going to be one of the bottom 3. I don't know who the other 2 was......will watch it tonight.....but I actually thought the bottom 3 was going to be Carly, Brooke and Jason. I actually thought Brooke was going home today. My guessess were partially right.

What...I have not even watched it yet:( Oh well, I predicted either Carly or that blonde emotional girl would get the boot tonight.. Carly sounds like she is shouting too much in my opinion..... talented shouting though..ha

It views in Australia - seems like every time i turn it to fox8 its american idol.

But ill admit i like watching it - Jason Castro is mi favourite.

I like american idols judges though. Paula is just always speechless haha - Randy?? (forget) is cool and laid back.. Simon .. -.- hes got mean ass teeth haha :)
Seacrest - hes all goodsz i guess?

Top Bottom