Effects Question

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
this one is a little high tech.

i acquired a boss FS-5U footswitch in the hopes of using it as a spot delay for my delta labs digi delay pedal (the delta lab is built similar to the MXR).

well i found out the hard way that this is not possible as their is no external control port on my delay pedal to add the footswitch to. so now i am looking at getting a boss DD-5 to use with the footswitch. but the only information i can find on the matter is with the footswitch being used as a tap tempo. nothing, other than whats stated on the ads, is said about using it as a spot delay. which is what i got it for.

does anyone know how to do this? or set it up? or if i might still be able to use it with the delay that i already own? or should i just return it because it will be more hassle than its worth?

I don't think I've ever seen a stomp box that had a footswitch port for external on/off.

Is there a problem with the switch on your Delta Labs pedal?

EDIT: Duh, something just sunk in here... If the switch on your Delta pedal is the latching type, you may be able to get it replaced with one that isn't. Alternately, if there's room and they don't pass audio through the switch, you could mount a 1/4" jack on the case and wire it up to the switch terminals, which would let you plug in a non-latching footswitch.

--Mark

Last edited:
wow, thats a pretty good way to do it.

i think ive decided to just replace the foot switch (latching button) with an unlatched switch (momentary), since i never play anything with the delay engaged for more than a few seconds anyway.

gonna have to just return the external switch and chock it up as overkill. thanks for the idea though. i might have to use it to mod a different effect one of these days!

Top Bottom