Cordoba 20 TMCE

Bought one 3 months ago.......Wait for one of the sales and definitely pick one up.....It is the best sounding uke in the Guitar center store.... Solid mahogany...very nice sound.....comes with aquilas too

I thought the same thing. When I plugged into the amp it sounded even better. But here's the question - should I spend the little extra money and get something that might be a little better? A Kala or Lanikai?

There is nothing out there that sounds better and that its made out of solid wood and is electric.........

When you get it, they say that the gig bag is included but you will see a 20.00 charge on your bill....... Just go back a couple of days later and return the gig bag.......

Go for it.....

Hey UU,

Anybody have any advice or input on the Cordoba 20 TMCE Uke?

I saw it at my local Guitar Center, tried it out and enjoyed it, but wanted to know if anybody has any experience or feelings on it.

http://cordobaguitars.com/101.php

Appreciate it,
-BMAC

You liked it...that's really the only thing that matters. Go for it!

I have one and it is by far the best sounding ukulele I've played. The Nylgut strings are beautiful and work extraordinarily. The sound is pristine and it has beautiful resonation. I got my for 179.99 with the gig bag, which is worth it to me.

You liked it...that's really the only thing that matters. Go for it!

Ding! We have a winner!

Seriously. You do not need our approval of your instrument choice to enjoy it. The great thing about getting it at GC is that you can go spend some quality time with it, put it through the motions, and make an informed choice.

I was in GC last week and if I'd had the scratch I would have walked out with a mango Lanikai concert. It sounded nice!

I was in GC last week and if I'd had the scratch I would have walked out with a mango Lanikai concert. It sounded nice!

I was just in Guitar Center the other day playing with that one! Sigh. My new ukulele not even two weeks old and I'm already befriending the ukes at guitar center. UAS, here I come...

It did sound quite nice though :D

I appreciate all the replies. There's no doubt that I liked the Cordoba Uke... but does anybody know of any other ukes with more recognizable brand names (Lanikai, Kalas, etc.) that are perhaps made out of Solid Koa, with a pickup?

It would be my second Uke, and have a Concert Mitchell MU-70 right now, and love it. But I want something a bit more Hawaiian oriented, slightly bigger (tenor) with a pickup for my next Uke. Oh, and of course the price - less than $350. A new Uke to serve as an upgrade.

Let me know. Thanks fellers.

I know Kala has a koa cutaway with pickup, but I think it's laminate:

http://www.kalaukulele.com/KA-KTE.htm

MGM sells them for like 315 I think. I was looking at this one for awhile, I think davoomac posted a review of it on here. I wound up going with the acacia tenor, but I've decided I want this one next, the cutaway just looks so cool!

Last edited:
Cordoba and Lehuas are made in Braga Portugal... The birthplace of the Ukulele!!!!!

They have a better history than a Uke that is made in China and has a Hawaiian name.......

Córdoba is an older name than Lanikai or Kala - as a guitar builder. In the price range, I don't think either brand will be better than the Córdoba. I have one and am very happy with it. I had a Hohner (which Lanakai developed from), and it was good also, but the value, build, playability, and sound of the 20TM-CE are all better (in my opinion).
Lehua - had one - they've changed since then - but didn't like the one I had.

Interesting. Very interesting. I never knew that about Cordoba, dentuke. Looks like I'l definitely be taking another trip to GC to spend some more time with this Uke. :D

I think I remember reading somewhere that their koa ukuleles are actualy acacia wood. in case that makes any difference.......

All the ones I played had super low action and buzzed badly...

Great Choice!

I was GC today and Sam Ash Yesterday playing several models from the Kala Acacia, Kala F-hole Archtop with electronics, Kala spruce & mahogany series, the Flukes, some Lanikais, Ibanez. etc... I focused on the Tenors and have to say hands down the Cordoba 20 TMce was the best in tone, playability and overall performance. Plugged in, the strings were balanced, and I just could not walk away from this deal.

Just my opinion, but after owning the Mainland mahogany (which I love) and the Kala Acacia, I would say this model Cordoba is the best value out there in the $150.00 - $300.00 range and has great electronics. The setup is perfect and the heavy padded case surprised me! The only thing I might do is upgrade the tuners.

This is a great deal this week with the 46th anniversary discount and the fact the in store price is tagged at $179.00, the out the door price of $152.00 was just too hard to walk away from.

Papi

I own a Cordoba acoustic-electric tenor, cutaway in solid "koa". purchase on Ebay. I have mixed feelings about it.

Like:
- looks absolutely incredible, gorgeous wood, perfectly book-matched
- solidly constructed
- nice action
- good intonation
- very nice sound, especially with the low G Fremont Blackline flurocarbon strings now on it.
- a lot of uke for the price
- made in Europe

Dislike:
- it bugs me that they insist on calling the wood "koa" when it is not from Hawaii
- very minor finish flaws (two or 3 specks on the side, one on the top)
- fret wire ends are sharp and rough
- fretboard cuts are deeper than the frets sitting in them
- battery holder pops open when there is a battery in it
- wires to pick-up are not taped down, so there is buzzing unless I carefully arrange them in the body
- dealer over-tightened the C string, partly crushing the bridge
- glue is visible in places (neck to body joint, a very thin line of dried wood glue - lots of glue stains on the inside)
- I worry that I see so many "U-fix" Cordobas on Ebay

I guess the bottom line is that I wouldn't buy another one sight-unseen, but would consider one if I had the chance to look it over very closely and play it first.

the cordoba tenor is my ukulele! and it comes highly recommended from me. i get all kinds of versatile use out of it and play in all different styles- acoustically and plugged in. My last like 7 videos are all with the cordoba if you wanna see it in action.

My cordoba is my second uke and I got it in November from GC as kind of a spur of the moment buy, but since then i have tried many different ukes. It is by far the best uke in that price range that I've seen.

I see what you're saying by wanting a hawaiian named uke. I also feel like I almost don't have an "authentic" ukulele, but for someone looking for function on a tight budget, the Coroba is an excellent buy.
Now if you had a couple hundred more to spend.. things might be different.

Top Bottom