Ibanez uke vs Oscar Shmidt Ou5

bboyxshift

Reaction score
Hello everyone im planning on buying myslf a new uke for $150 i know the ibanez UEW10QM EW Concert Ukulele - Quilted Maple is a rather new uke and ibanez itself is new to the uke world but it is just amazing looking.

Now the ou5 is Koa but lets appealing to the eye in my opinion.

But based on sound alone which one should i get? has anyone played the ibanez btw? i checked the other thread the other day and no progress.

O and any other suggestions on Concert ukes for 150 that you think would be better are much appreciated please help! :]

hmmm....for a starter uke I'm sure they would suffice...many people have started with the OS ukes..because they are sold everywhere...the ibanez one does look nicer though....i'm wondering now how they sound in comparison! good luck!

I am not sure that many people have acctually seen (held and played) any of the Ibeanez ukes yet. So there probably won't be that many first hand opinions about them. Oscar Shmidt seems to be a good company that makes some good ukulele. I think you will be very happy with either.

Also check out MGM on ebay and see what he has in your price range.

The music store I work at has a few of the Ibanez ukes including the quilted maple (also had a spalted mango which looked quite nice). We have, in the past, had a couple of Oscar Schmidts (if I remember, they were the OU2E model). It's been awhile since I've had my hands on the Oscar Schmidts but I remember them being louder than the Ibanezes. Personally I'd get in touch with MGM and see what he suggests.

alright thanks everyone for your help im just really curious as to how the ibanez sounds because im ready to move on from my lanikai lu-21 soprano :]

Top Bottom