Lu-11

greg_usa

Reaction score
Hey guys - I asked advice about getting my bro-in-law a new uke in the $50 range... one of the reccos that came back was Lanikai LU-21. A guy in the local music shop has one of them for $59 which seems about right. He also has a LU-11 for around $40 I think. Are there a big difference? From what I can tell - the LU-11 has a Nato fretboard vs. a Rosewood fretboard on the LU-21. To be honest - I don't know what Nato is... any input here?

Nato is a laminate wood.

Nato is a laminate wood.

It might be used in laminates, but it is a wood, the same as any other wood that may be used in laminates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nato_wood

It's a wood related to acacia, not so aesthetically pleasing, and therefore cheaper. It's still a rainforest wood, though, which means that we should make the source is sustainable before buying it.

Howdy-
i was inthe same predicament you are, i chose the lu-21. amazon.com had it for real cheap delivered to the door, (under 50 bones) it seems like its built real good, no defects and it plays nice. the reason i chose the 21 over the 11 is 1. it was in stock, 2 it seemed to get a bit more + reviews on the net.
good luck.
Raf

Top Bottom