Sig Size Restrictions

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
As the community grows, I think that restricting the size of a user's signature box would be helpful in keeping them from becoming too distracting.

I propose that the graphics in one's signature box should not exceed 500 total pixels in width and 150 total pixels in height.

If a user only uses text in their signature I propose that a total of 5 lines of normal sized text be the limit.

If a user uses both images and text in their signature, I don't know what would be the best solution. Perhaps a 1 line restriction at normal font size for users with graphics of 100-150 pixel heights, a 3 line restriction for users with graphics of 50 - 100 pixel heights, and a 4 line restriction for users with graphics of 50 pixel heights or less.

What do you think?

Good call. Even though these forums ooze with friendliness, every large group of random people can profit from a little bit of nudging to keep things running smooth, and a move towards common sense signatures would reduce the RSI in my mouse arm... krrt-krrt-krrt-krrt

Lez is more baby.

When I registered on this forum and saw graphics in signatures were allowed, I turned them off.

what about mine? :D

Can anybody hit me up with a program to make them? i like making stuff like that but i dunno where to download one, and not enough cash to go out and buy a $400 paintshop pro

Last edited:

Can anybody hit me up with a program to make them? i like making stuff like that but i dunno where to download one, and not enough cash to go out and buy a $400 paintshop pro

Try Gimp, I've never used it but have heard good things about it.

what program did you use to make your little banner thing?

oh and good idea seeso. It can really lag some computers with all of these graphics sometimes too. xP

Ukulele Junkie made it for me :D Maybe it would be wise to ask him haha :D

from the looks of it, it's most likely photoshop haha that's spongey looking texture is a template/default or whatever texture on it xP

once you get photoshop or paintshop pro, you can pretty much make hella bomb pictures haha assuming you know how to use it. ><;;

Top Bottom