Strumming and singign

Lugnut

Reaction score
any one else have troubles keeping a certain strumming pattern and singing? its confusing to do, any help?

i cant sing and play ukulele at the same time..

i dont ever plan to sing and play an instrument though

Keep the strumming simple at first. Until you can do your strumming pattern without thinking about it, it's going to be hard to sing over it. Practice your strumming first.

i find it impossible to do a bass line and sing at the same time. :(

I can sing and play uke at the same time.
I cannot, for the life of me, play bass and sing at the same time.
What gives!?

it may seem difficult at first. but with enough practice it gets easier, smoother, better. keep at it and don't give up. one day, you'll pick up your uke and it will just happen. after that, you're unstoppable!

ya brah, its really hard. I used to not be able to do it at all. but listen to the endless knowledge of: The Seeso. It is hard at first but when the strumming becomes second nature, it will be a lot easier. Even now I still cant play some songs while singing, but there are some that I can. You just need to practice, practice, practice.

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davoomac View Post
i find it impossible to do a bass line and sing at the same time.
What gives!?

Yeah... I know what you mean... I've tried that a few times with no success.

Of course, what's worse, for me at least, is attempting to sing while playing the cello... it takes too much concentration to play a bowed instrument...

it might sound a bit much, but if you video tape yourself playing while attempting to sing... then review it after... you can really get nitty gritty on what you need to fix and discover what you like and dislike.

kind of like a martial artist practicing form in front of a mirror, yknow?

I learned by humming first.

Once I got the strum pattern down - then I would start to hum the melody - then slowly come out with the words where I knew they were supposed to come out. Then eventually it all came together.

What gives!?

lol same, i can sing fairly long songs with a guitar and uke with diffrent chord changes, but with a bass it seems impossible.

Well, I'm very new to it! But what I've been doing is looking for covers on youtube of songs that I am learning, and then I try to play along with them. I find after a while, I can kind of sing the chorus too, but as long as I have someone else to pick up the slack when I need to stop and focus on my strumming, it seems to help a lot. Good luck!

i find it impossible to do a bass line and sing at the same time. :(
Paul McCartney and Sting do it.....and Paul does it backwards...he's a lefty,... but he IS Paul....the cute Beatle!

Top Bottom