Certain Site Restrictions

Ukulele_Junkie

Reaction score
I was wondering if it was possible to restrict some parts of the forum to new members. I'm thinking more in the lines of The ukulele marketplace and the new Rep system.

For the ukulele marketplace- it's kind of hard for me and probably others out there to trust anyone that hasn't been posting much in the thread. Especially with money, shipping issues, Person to Person meet trades.
Then the Rep point system- I've been gettin pointless negative rep points and so are a few other people. I'm not one to get mad at these kind of things, but getting "scolded" for something u know isn't wrong jus kinda twirks my mood.

So as soon as they hit senior membership then they can have full access, it's just a precaution i guess. Also, a reward for those who show their faces more often to get to know the rest of us.

I'm going to watch my negative feedback rush in after this one.

Last edited:
I totally agree with this one, with one exception.
You said that the respect and the marketplace parts should be restricted until people become senior members. I agree on the marketplace but not on the respect.

I think that being a normal member would probably suffice for giving people the ability to use the rep. If someone can find 30 things to talk about, they should have read enough to know what kind of things people say that are deserving of respect and what things people say that just devalue the entire site.
Just my 2 cents.

I like the idea of restricting the usage of reputation points until senior membership.

For the marketplace section, I just think that users should show some net common sense about it. Obviously, don't post your address in the thread, don't give out sensitive banking info, etc.

Sounds like a good idea to me.... with all the attention the forum is getting, it'd be nice to organize things a bit this way.

But dang... guess I'll have to post a bit to get to senior member, assuming this goes through... shouldn't be a huge problem, though.

Top Bottom