slothead uke?

nikolo727

Reaction score
hey ladies and gents.

I was just wondering...where can I get a nice slothead ukulele.

I am looking at getting a flea or a fluke ukulele but other than that I can't find any other slothead ukes.

can anyone help a braddah out?

slothead ukes typically are on custom ordered ukes. if they actually mass-produced an affordable slothead uke, i think a lot of the members on this forum (especially me :)) would be sporting them according to the interest from other previous threads.

It'll vary depending on the luthier you contact.

The slotted head stock is a lot of work for a builder and I think the extra few hundred dollars is worth it.
keep strumming.

Yeah youre gonna need the $$$,

Ive had my eye on the Koolau tenor but at 1g+ heh......

Another one i've seen is from Japan, the youtube guy myuu2 uses it. I remember checking a while back and it seemed much more affordable.

sorry, don't really have an answer for you. just wanted to let you know your dukulele cracks me up.:)

i do have a fluke though. i like it.

lol yeah i love my dukulele.

I will probubly end up getting a flea anyway.

I'm also looking at the Kala Kiwi uke.

its gonna be siiiiiiickkkk!
:D

Another question...

Ok so I cant get a Slothead uke that is relativley affordable.

No biggey, I can get a flea.

anywhoeuz, I'm also looking for a uke that is very unique. Something that barely anyone has seen before, but still has a great sound, like Jake or Aldrine's uke.

can anyone help?

post pics of some unique looking ukes that are for sale.

ps: I love inlay abalone shell or mother of pearl bindings.

:)

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll continue off this one. Of course now there are some affordable slot head Uke options such as the All-Solid Acacia Kala KA ASAC-T among a few others. I own the ASAC-T and it's both great sounding and great looking making it a terrific value for it's price point. Honestly, I thought these would cost more than they a currently going for.

So, I am curious as mentioned earlier why slot heads are so elusive overall?? Is it that demand just doesn't justify production, or that tradition makes them more of a custom/higher end build? I've seen quite a few posts at various locations commenting on how it would be cool if Kamaka made a production slot head like Jake Shimabukuro's model.

Ok so I cant get a Slothead uke that is relativley affordable.

What do you consider affordable and what size? The slot heads I've come across are generally at least a tenor in size (not always, mind you, but generally).

I have a really nice slot head Kala - wonderfully light - out of Okoume from HMS. It's the Kala KA-SMLT and is listed at HMS (with case), Elderly, Uke Republic... varying prices, but all around the $250 mark.

I've been delighted with mine.

Here's Kala's info on them: http://www.kalabrand.com/PR/11.01.2012MahogLites.html?soid=1109591060497&aid=ZSK85NVpCWo

Happy hunting.

eBay seller ButlerMusic still has some Lanikai Monkeypod Tenor w/cutaway (model SMP-TCA) on clearance for $150. That's as affordable as you're going to see for a slothead, solid-wood uke.

Also look through the factory blemished units they have for the SMP-CCA concert size. Often, the blemishes are so minor you wouldn't notice them.

Love my kala cedar acacia slothead. Only $258 at uke republic!

1. Isn't this post in the wrong forum? This is the Marketplace.
2. Maybe I am missing something but slothead ukes don't seem that elusive to me unless maybe you want a soprano. Of course most are not slotted but I see them from Mainland midrange price to lower end to higher end Hawaiian made. I think if you search HMS, Mainland, Uke Republic, Mims, etc there should be a fair amount of choices.

Did anyone notice this thread is over 5 years old... :)
hey ladies and gents.

I was just wondering...where can I get a nice slothead ukulele.

I am looking at getting a flea or a fluke ukulele but other than that I can't find any other slothead ukes.

can anyone help a braddah out?

Top Bottom