Hi from Spain!

VictorBA

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!! I just discovered this comunity and decided it's a good place to lurk for uke related stuff, so as I plan to stay here, I've decided to be polite and introduce myself...
I'm a spanish (yeah, that mediterranean country that's not Italy) 21-m-student. So first of all I'm sorry if my use of english makes your teeth grind!
I started playing uke as my father offered me one for my last birthday. Well in fact he offered me one in pieces hehe, he saw a cheap uke kit on the net and told me if I thought it was a cool gift for my birthday and hell yes I answered it was an awesome idea, I built it and what a surprise we are at our 3rd uke bought at home, and a 4th one being build with raw materials by my father.

I think more than the instrument itself it's the sensation that surrounds it. It's crazy how that little piece of wood makes me and everyone arround at least giggle. Maybe more here where uke's not a very common instrument to see. I took it on a roadtrip this summer and it was a triumph everywhere! As we say here, it brings "buen rollo" -good ambiance/feeling-

I hope I'll share as much enthusiasm for this instrument as you guys!

Welcome to UU!! Barecelona???

wow, what a fast answer! thanks both, not Barcelona but near! Valencia, in the same coast but south of BCN, well actually my hometown is Murcia, even more south of it hehe

Welcome to UU! My mothers from Spain, Penaranda de duero.

Bienvidos! Don't worry about your english mate, I've been studying spanish for 4 years and I still make teeth grind. Cool to hear about your hand made uke, I'm planning on buying a kit in the future. Do you know where your Dad got it on the net?

Thanks thanks everyone! :D
About buying the kit I do think it was on Bushman's online store, I'll ask as I'm not sure at 100%

Bienvenido!
Great introduction, and I'll tell you: Your English is better than mine and I have advanced degrees in it! Never worry about that. (I also minored in Spanish, but having not used Spanish for 10 years, mine is awful!)
Please post pictures of your kit build if you can; we'd love to see it.

Welcome to the Underground . Thats so cool that you built your uke.

Jack

Top Bottom