Tech help....please!

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
Don't know exactly where to post this, so forgive me if this is the wrong place.

For reasons I don't understand, I can't get my laptop to log me in. No problem with my desktop, no problem with my iTouch (using it now).

Laptop seems to log me in, but actually doesn't. Any ideas?

Same thing happens to me I'm on my iPhone right now

I had this same problem. When I logged in, it showed that i wasn't. But when i opened a link in a new tab, it showed that I was actually logged in.

When I first got the laptop (recently), I was able to use the UU forums without a problem. Before long, the free trial version of Norton security expired, so I quit using the laptop to go online.

Just last weekend I un-installed Norton and installed McAfee, which we use on our desktop machine. The McAfee seems to be working well, but now I can't log on to UU. When I try, a dialog box opens which says "Thank you for logging on, mailman." Then it redirects me to where I was....and I'm not logged in. Can't reply to posts, can't watch embedded videos, can't do anything except read the forums like a visitor.

I tried looking at the McAfee software settings, but I'm techno-challenged and couldn't figure anything out....

Top Bottom