looking for tenors in the bay

cookie

Reaction score
anyone know where i can buy a nice tenor?
im from the bay area, any idea?

Hi Cookie,
If you mean the SF Bay Area, I have a Pono Tenor uke - it's the PTC deluxe model in mahogany and cedar with rope rosettte and top purfling; ebony binding on top and back; ebony fretboard, bridge, and peghead overlay. Pearl "Pono" inlay on peghead and pearl position markers at 5, 7, 10, 12, and 15th frets. 14 frets to the body and 19 frets total. Bone nut and saddle. Grover mini-rotomatic 14:1 sealed tuners with ebony buttons. High gloss finish. Very nice looking instrument. Comes with a canvas covered rigid foam hardshell case.

The Pono has a complex, mellow tone. Currrently strung with Aqulias with a low G - I think these are a little light in gauge for the Pono but the brightness of the strings are good on it. Also comes with a new package of Ko'olau Gold re-entrant strings with a wound 3rd which are heavier gauge. Also comes with a new package of re-entrant black Hilo's.

Virtually ubnplayed - I'm just not a tenor person, it turns out! If you're interested, let me know! I live in Oakland and work in Berkeley.

Last edited:
Top Bottom