Dominator Gigging with the Rock Band

Dominator

Reaction score
Last night I played a gig with my classic rock band down in Pleasanton at the Main Street Brewery. One of my high school classmates from Ohio was there and recorded a couple of snippets and one complete song with his phone. He posted a video on Youtube today. The audio is a little distorted at times but still gets the point across.

The night was full of some interesting twists of which one was the fact the wall wart on my wireless receiver exploded. My heart skipped a beat there for a minute when I thought I may have blown my Mesa Boogie rig. :eek: Nooooo!

In the first few snippets you will see me on the left side of the screen (stage right) next to my keyboard player. When my rig quit we were in the middle of a song and the set and so my singer just unplugged and gave me his chord on the fly and I finished the next 4 or 5 tunes playing through his rig. In the full length tune (Never Been any Reason by Head East) I’m back at stage left where I belong. I just by-passed the wireless and plugged straight into the amp. I’ve been gigging with that wireless for over 10 years so I’d say I got more than my moneys worth out of it. And actually, all I need to do is just match it up with a replacement power pack. Might just be a good time to get a new toy though ;).

We play two long sets at this place. They started dancing towards the end of the first set and the place was packed, including the dance floor, for the rest of the night after opening the second set with the Head East tune. It was a real fun night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZEadLXfXIA

Great performance by you and your band Dom. Love the Head East, ... "more Cowbell"! :D

Great Stuff Dom. :music:
I like that guy in the white shirt dancing in the beginning, he was funny IMO :rofl:

funny-dancer.gif

sorry can't help myself

Last edited:
That santana solo was pretty sweet.

Thanks Jack, but I think I was bending those notes a tad bit sharp. I wish he would have recorded the whole thing so I could analyze it and learn from it. I was still sort of freaking out a bit playing out of a strange rig and wondering in the back of my mine whether I fried my own rig. We just started doing that Santana tune and we also do the ending with Gypsy which is pretty cool.

Top Bottom