Nintendo DS Homebrew!

So I'm into homebrew DS stuff now. Currently, I am using the R4. This opens up your DS to a whole bunch of new capabilities like playing mp3's, watching movies, reading LOTS of books, reading comics, and my current favorite: emulating NES and SNES games!!

Not all the emulated games work well though. For example, streetfighter 2 has messed up backgrounds on certain stages. Also I tried playing NBA jam and that one is messed up too. Anyone have any experience with running these emulators on the DS?

Love my R4. Don't really use it for emulators, though. I've been using it for the occasional MP3 to listen to, but I've been using it for uh..backups of games.

R4 is a homebrew cartridge that allows files .nds files be read from a micro-SD card. It's hella cool. I use homebrew MSN and IRC, and I use SCUMMVM to play Monkey Island...

...In the bathroom!

R4 is a homebrew cartridge that allows files .nds files be read from a micro-SD card. It's hella cool. I use homebrew MSN and IRC, and I use SCUMMVM to play Monkey Island...

...In the bathroom!

oh where do you get homebrew MSN?

hi guys, i've been using R4 for my DS too! i have no problems at all, like i can just easily put games on a micro SD-card which attached on it! just now i heard that we can read books / comics, maybe i should try it :)
usually i am using it for games, photos, and mp3 backups.. and now i am thinking to upgrade the size of my SD-card! at first i was confused how to reset my R4, but then i found a pretty good article about Running Nintendo DS homebrew, maybe you want to have a look: http://spotpdf.com/ebook/gaming/running-nintendo-ds-homebrew-pdf.html
because that is pretty much helpful for me!

I got a DSTwo card to play the SaGa 2 translation patch. If that was all I used it for, it would have been worth it. It also runs SNES games better than other cards I've seen. Action games are still a bit too choppy. But I usually play SNES games on my Wii, anyway.

I want to point out that even though I love my DS flashcart, homebrew on the Wii is fantastic. DS flashcarts are great for playing DS backups, but the Wii can run emulators for pretty much any console flawlessly (there's even a Playstation 1 emulator but I haven't tried it yet). Plus you get to play classic games on a tv instead of being restricted to your handheld screen. Plus it allows you to play your Wii game backups from a hard drive, so no more keeping up with all those discs.

Top Bottom