Kooky Cookie Contest

Dirka

Reaction score
New contest!

First things first: The Grand Prize
I've been wanting to hold some kind of contest of my own ever since I've joined this great community. My problem is that I'm a student and that my hours at work just got cut, so I'm pretty broke and can't afford to offer some great Uke or anything.

BUT! If you enter this contest you get a chance to win something that cannot be bought: HOMEMADE COOKIES. Yes, the winner of this contest will receive a box of my very own homemade cookies (which are pretty damn tasty), sufficiently padded and shipped via DHL Premium, so that they arrive fresh and tasty.

Unfortunately Premium shipping is freaking expensive, so there will be only one prize. Maybe I'll come up with some small bonus prizes, but that depends on the idea fairy, so there.

Rulez
  • Take your Uke and tape yourself doing something silly, crazy, or just plain weird. Preferably involving music. Scratch that, just standing in a grocery store holding up an uke for half an hour would be pretty awesome too. Nothing illegal please, unless you manage to keep the camera rolling while they haul you off. Bonus points for courtroom footage.
  • Record yourself and post the video on youtube or a similar site.
  • Identify it as a video for the contest by saying "I am a kooky cookie monster" at some point in the video. In a cartoon voice.
  • Sesame Street and Lady Gaga references will be appreciated, but probably won't affect judgement.
  • Nothing abusive or mean spirited please.
  • Deadline is 10.10.10, 10:10pm, your local time.

The Jury is looking forward to your kookiness:
4973351461_28f95baeb6.jpg

Now go out there and go nuts!

Last edited:
yeah, sounds like a very nice contest.

Lexxy: uhm, not really. my grandma makes (christmas)cookies which last about a half year. ;)

Thanks guys :)

Lexxy: DHL gives an estimated shipping time of 1-2 weeks from here to Canada. And I have shipped a box of the prize cookies to Australia before, and they came through just fine, so no worries there. :cool:

Here is my entry to your contest, I tried to be as Kooky as possible. Please leave comments for me to read, I love to read them. I want to thank my ukulele instructor Geno. I also want to thank my Musical influences, Lady Gaga and Kermit the Frog. The song is "Walk Don't Run" by the Ventures.

OMG!!! I have never seen someone land a BACKFLIP while playing the ukulele. You must really love cookies to go through all that work. Nice job little man.

Are you going to announce the winner soon? I think I was the only one to enter, but we worked really hard on my video. Thanks

Oh my, I am so sorry I orphaned this contest like this! To be honest my life went ker-splat against a wall some weeks back, and the contest along with everything else got pushed far to the back of my mind. Nothing life-threatening, mind you, just psycho crap, but I'm still trying to get my stuff together.

Your video was mindblowingly awesome, inspiring and positive, not to mention freaking insane and I WILL work hard to make your prize suitably epic. Which will be quite tough, because the vid is just that great. I already have some ideas, but I want to mull it over a bit more.

Once again, I apologize for taking off like that.

Sincerely, Dirk.

Top Bottom