Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

So anyone here have a PSP? Anyone here a big fan of FF7? If so - Get.This.Game! It's just full of good ole fashioned Shin-ra goodness. I thought I wasn't going to be able to stomach the voice acting, but it's not used heavily, and it's ok, although I didn't want to ever hear Sephiroth's voice.

The combat engine is completely PSP friendly and a big improvement on the original, and it just has you actually caring what the next phase will bring. FF7 was a turning point game for me, and this brings back that nostalgia while also being a good game on its own.

I don't know why FF7 worked, with it's easy game play, and badly translated script, but it just did, in a way that FFVIII, IX, and so on couldn't compete with (IMO).

This is more of that, so if you have a PSP, pick this game up now, and if you don't have a PSP, don't let those Nintentdo DS fans fool you, it's a fine portable console - and this coming from someone who has both.

i was about to make a thread on this, but i decided to search first.:D
i just beat it and it was amazing. i love the way sqare enix tied in all the memory scenes from advent children into crisis core. a brilliant game i couldnt put down til i finished. i agree, everyone go buy it.

There was a friend of mine who was a big FF7 fan (he turned me on to the game), and he'd buy consoles based on which of his favorite games out for it. I wonder if he's somewhere in the US, buying himself a PSP for this one. :)

It's been a while since I played FF7, but there are things in Crisis Core that make me go "Oh yeah, I remember that!" :D

I don't have a PSP :( I reeeeaaaally want to play this game. I can't wait 'til October rolls around so I can get a PSP and play it. When I was at Q-Con I bought Piano Collections: FINAL FANTASY VII and it kicked ass. It made me load up where I last played FFVII on the PC. I remembered why I stopped playing it: I accidently wandered into that sub-quest where Yuffie steals your materia. Bloody. Impossible.

Oh yeah. I remember trying things like trying to do the game without Vincent or Yuffie (But I like Vincent!), and trying to defeat the emerald boss without underwater materia, and stuff like that. But in the end it's more fun to go and do and get everything.

Musically it's different from FF7, but there are enough cues to bring back the good ole days. I'm to the point in the game we meet Cloud. You do get to see those characters and the settings, but they aren't central to the game (at least not yet, and there's one way I'm wrong there but I don't want to give a spoiler), and the game would stand on its own anyway.

While I agree the PSP is a solid handheld, and a high-quality one, there's only a few games I reeeeaaaaally want. Like Ac!d and Crisis core. But I'll need to wait to get one :(

you dont get to actually see vincent, but he makes an appearance, sleeping.

What? No Vincent? I now don't want it just as much. Vincent rocks. In fact, also when I was at Q-Con, I met someone:

Attachments

• Image001.jpg
    Image001.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 6
Oh, I think you'll change your tune when you see that boss fight. The one in Nibelheim.. DAAAAAAAAAMN! It's the fight that shoulda been at the end of FF7!

Was a shame about Vincent, and Square is on to us cheating at the safe combination. ;)

I wonder if I'm doing too many, or too few missions? My strategy is to crazy level-up, but then it's boring just taking missions when you want to go on with the story. After Nibelheim, I'm level 43, and with some equipped help, I'm 9999HP. It's about 4000 without help. I'm 41% done with missions.

OOH, how i wish i wish i could play this game on the PSP. Like you FF7 brings back memories. FF7 was the RPG that won me over to that genre.

From what I've seen on my friend's PSP, this game looks amazing. Time to save up for a PSP i guess :D

final fantasy 7 is the first rpg that i ever played on my friends saturn even though the first rpg i owned is the final fantasy 8 when my cousin bought me a playstation. After that I became an rpg fanatic so after beating ff8 i went on to beat ff7, lunar, tales of destiny, suikoden 2 this was along time ago though probably 1999 now i don't really play that much rpg anymore. but yeh long live ff7:rock:

The ending makes you wanna pop in FF7 disc one. When oh when will square do that? Sure they'd be riding the wave of something older, but, but, we wants it!

I was just reading electronic gaming monthly at kmart and apparently they are planning on releasing a whole bunch of classic playstation games for the PSP! that includes FF7 and metal gear solid to name two of the games I remember from the article. Sweet huh!?

I was just reading electronic gaming monthly at kmart and apparently they are planning on releasing a whole bunch of classic playstation games for the PSP! that includes FF7 and metal gear solid to name two of the games I remember from the article. Sweet huh!?

that would be amazing, but i remember reading (cant remember where), that square enix wont remake any of their old games. but god i hope im wrong

that would be amazing, but i remember reading (cant remember where), that square enix wont remake any of their old games. but god i hope im wrong

well in the article it didn't say they were going to remake the games. They were just going to rerelease it in their original forms, but for the PSP.

Top Bottom