Custom Ukulele Help Please!

ke leo

Reaction score
I'm taking the plunge on a custom :eek:
Any recommendations?
I like to play traditional Hawaiian, but also enjoy Aldrine and Jake's music.
I love my Kanile'a SM. I also love William Kings work.
Mahalo!

MP Ukulele

Right now I'm going with a Mike Pereira (MP) custom ukulele. For all of the options that he has as a luthier, his prices cannot be beat. I'm getting mine with a redwood top, curly walnut sides and back, slotted headstock, and acoustic pickup for just a bit over $1000.

His building times, from the time you place an order to when you receive it, is incredible. I placed my order last week and he attested that he will most likely get the instrument finished and shipped before the first week of September. A 5-6 week wait is small when compared to the several months (to sometimes years when considering Glyph Ukuleles) that some others have.

Some of the more recognized luthiers out there have a base price starting at $1500+! There is a good group of UUers on here that have purchased and received their MP custom ukuleles already and can provide pictures for it.

A sample image of Fumanshu's uke is here and it is an MP Ukulele:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3143&highlight=custom+ukulele

and Mike's site is located here:
http://www.mpukuleles.com

Even if you're just curious about him, drop him an email. That's what I did and he answered all of my questions in a timely manner and was very easy to talk to. He really tries to keep in mind what you want the uke sound to sound like without compromising that "custom look" you want.

I can testify that Mike gives excellent services and produces nice and quality ukes....

After my first concert custom by him.....I already place another order for a tenor.......that will arrive very soon!!!! And it will look great!!! :)

So no doubt.....he's very trustable!!

Top Bottom