another beginner question

Kaneohe til the end

Reaction score
anybody recommend any nylon strings for a beginner,

also anyone have any advice for a beginner, any advice for anything at all?

Sorry, when you say nylon strings do you mean in terms of instruments or just in terms of strings for your instrument?

As for advice, well. It doesn't come easy, there is no shortcut and your playing will only improve if you practice and challenge yourself. Take lessons if you can afford it. Even just a few can really help. Reference as many books as you can, as each will explain things slightly differently and one explanation may make more sense to you than another.

But most of all enjoy yourself and practice for the love of it!

anybody recommend any nylon strings for a beginner,

also anyone have any advice for a beginner, any advice for anything at all?
I'd say just the strings isn't going to cut it for you. Get a uke to go with them.

As for the advice, no I am sorry, just a beginner here as well and stuck with that same question.

:nana:

practicing 5 minutes everyday is better than an hour on the weekend. Try and learn something knew everyday. Having different books to reference is useful(as stated earlier in thread). I found the guitar scale guru, and the guitar chord guru presented information in a way that was easy for me to assimilate. Step by step building throughout the book in easy steps, by the time I got through the scale guru I impressed myself by how much I had grown.

Keep jammin

Last edited:
that is really good advice. practicing is extreamly important. I try and practice for an hr a day. warm ups are pretty important. walking up and down the neck is good, so is practicing your scales, it loosens up your fingers and makes you faster, and helps with building those mighty important calluses. as for nylon strings...i only have one nylon string guitar and i belive i have some D'Addario classical strings...they do sell student strings...

rock on

Top Bottom