The band I play uke in is playing San Diego tomorrow

Ken Swagger

Reaction score
Howdy y'all, Ive mentioned before on here that I play ukulele in a gospel band called The Bible Brothers. We're playing our first official show tomorrow evening at 5 pm at a bar on El Cajon Blvd called Chaser's Cocktails. Actually, we're gonna start BBQing around then and then play sometime shortly thereafter. I'd love if some of you folks could make it. If you do, I'll be the big chubby guy with glasses and a ukulele, please introduce yourself.

We have a myspace at www.myspace.com/drunkgospel. The recordings are rough, we're much better live. We play country gospel music and party, it's a blast. There's also two gutarists, a banjo player and a washtub bass player.

The BBQ and show are 100 percent free. Chaser's in on El Cajon in City Heights (about 38th street I think). I don't have the address offhand but it's easy to find.

Please come out and say hi and check it out! We're also having a kinda open mic starting at 5 and there's an opening band called the Western Set that are also fantastic.

Sunday (today) at 5 pm. Im stoked, nervous, excited, etc. The show really should be something else, I'd really appreciate it if some of you came out. Heck, if you're so inclined we're even leaving the mic open until the opening band starts so if someone wanted to get up and rock their uke for a few songs they'd be welcome and appreciated. If anyone does come, please say hi! Again, I'm a chubby dude with glasses wearing all black and playing a ukulele.

The address at Chasers is 3615 El Cajon Blvd.

The Western Set is opening and they are a fantastic guitar/ banjo duo.

Don't be afraid of getting preached at if you come. We're not holy rollers, but we love the music and the show of it all. Heck, I'm a Daoist. I just happen to love The Carter Family, etc ...

Come check it out! This is me begging! Not really, but I promise you a good show.

myspace.com/drunkgospel
myspace.com/thewesternset

If anyone needs or want directions or more info, PM me and I'll answer any questions you might have.

Top Bottom