Why buy a 6 - string??

artcrocker

Reaction score
Bloomfield, Michigan & Melbourne, Florida
Hi, I have an interest in buying a 6string, maybe just to have something a little different. Just wondered how current owners felt. Do you like the 6 better than the 4, or is it a novelity? Do you pick them a little different since the high and low C together. Just looking for a little encouragement,,,

A 6 string as well as an 8 string is mainly used for strumming. Both provide a richer and fuller tones. I feel it enhances a song giving a it a more complex sound. You can pick on the 6, but my preference is throwing in some riffs between lyrics vs an instrumental solo. Now with an 8, you can do solos and it does sound good.

For rhythm and strumming....some like them and some don't....you need more pressure on the fretting..personal preference...I guess..

I liked the sound. I am 95% a strummer and the 6 string has a bit different sound than a 4 string...fuller, richer and a bit louder. I play the 6 string as often as the 4 string. The 6 string makes a nice addition to a uke collection, in my opinion!!

Because you don't have one yet :)
I played an eight and it was no more or less difficult, but I found myself wishing it had a Baritone body.

I am in love with a 5 string Boat Paddle. You get the best of all worlds in a way. Nice base tone from the low G and the normal High G makes it sound normal. Also since the other 3 are not doubled you can solo as needed, but when you strum it is a fuller sound.

I am in love with a 5 string Boat Paddle. You get the best of all worlds in a way. Nice base tone from the low G and the normal High G makes it sound normal. Also since the other 3 are not doubled you can solo as needed, but when you strum it is a fuller sound.
Both of the senior guys at my ukuele group, Uncle Henry Kamae, Jr. and Uncle Bobby Tomei, play 5-string ukuleles with a double G. I really like the sound. I really like that Boat Paddle too.

Talking about that new beautiful BP 5 string David just got? Lots of people fell in love with it, some swooned over it - it was the sweetest sounding uke!!

Top Bottom