Seeking info about a crown bridge

Tukulele

Reaction score
Hello,

I've seen a few variations of KoAloha's crown bridge, but I haven't seen a crown bridge like the one that's on my tenor Sceptre.

Does anyone have any information on my crown bridge, for example, whether it was part of a limited run? (There's no visible date stamp in the ukulele.) If not, I can contact KoAloha directly.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Sceptre.jpg
    Sceptre.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Crown.jpg
    Crown.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 51
Look inside the hole and they should have a date stamp where the brace is...it was discount a couple of years ago but highly desired. Check out the marketplace and people WTB ads and one was listed recently and sold very quickly.

I believe Paul said it was discontinued because it was difficult to manufacture. See this post.

Clarification

I should clarify my post.

I've seen crown bridges like the ones shown below, but I have not seen the particular crown bridge design on my uke (shown above). I was just curious about the evolution of the bridge designs, from the various crown bridges to the current bow-tie bridge.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Crown 1.jpg
    Crown 1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 13
  • Crown 2.jpg
    Crown 2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Crown 3.jpg
    Crown 3.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 11
For what it's worth, the bow-tie bridge has been replaced by this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I am pretty sure Koaloha is almost constantly tweeking their ukes. I do not have any info about your bridge specifically but I do remember seeing some Pineapple Sunday ukes with several variations of the same bridge. And I am pretty sure Papa builds all or most of the Signiture series so it boils down to how he is feeling when he builds these ukes.

Top Bottom