Electric Guitar Intonation Problem. Nut placement?

SinisterDom

Reaction score
Okay so I just traded some old lefty acoustic for a Cort Explorer Style guitar. I've read around a bit and it seems to be from the 70's or 80's. Anyway, when I got it, it completely sucked. :) I replaced the tuners and the nut, but (I'm guessing because of the nut) it is COMPLETELY outta tune when fretted at the first few frets. Now I have two options, get a tutorial, or get a pro to place my nut (if it is the problem)

So, any help, suggestions and tutorials are very appreciated as I am a guitar n00b. :D

EDIT: BTW here is some pics

246rzpc.jpg

2cetabb.jpg

Last edited:
intonation

the intonation is adjusted at the bridge, not the nut. adjust the individual bridge saddles fore and aft to correct the intonation.
good luck.

the intonation is adjusted at the bridge, not the nut. adjust the individual bridge saddles fore and aft to correct the intonation.
good luck.

I thought it was adjusted at the bridge too, but i read articles that said if it was messed up at the first few frets then it was the nut. I'm confused...:S

Bah. Never mind, I just loosened the strings and adjusted the nut. Great little player.

Top Bottom