any ukulele player in lexington, ky?

ukeky

Reaction score
hi y'all,
i'm fairly new to playing ukulele but i'm already addicted to it. i'm not a good player at all. i just strum with simple chords and sing along. but definitely want to play better.
just wondering if there is any member here from lexington, ky.
hope will hear from members from my neck of the woods.

hi y'all,
i'm fairly new to playing ukulele but i'm already addicted to it. i'm not a good player at all. i just strum with simple chords and sing along. but definitely want to play better.
just wondering if there is any member here from lexington, ky.
hope will hear from members from my neck of the woods.
Welcome ukeky, I'm from Lexington, KY also. lol, I thought I was the only dude in this state who played the uke! That's why I hang out on this site (forum). Folks in this town really don't "get it". It's still a toy to anyone you talk to about it. They just give you this puzzled surprise. hahaha... that's cool though, the country roots run so deep in this area they have a hard time relating to this instrument. Mandolin, fiddle, banjo, they are all over it, but the lonely uke...it ain't happening. My problem is that I grew up in Hawaii and I do "get it". Love the fellow uke players on this forum and they keep me connected and upbeat about my passion for the uke. I plan on finally whipping it out in public this summer to add to my patio gig on friday's and saturday's out at Rumors on Manowar and Mapleleaf dr. Hopefully I can show them that uke's are not toys and are valid instruments in their own right. You can reach me locally at www.myspace.com/ernieroberts Welcome aboard dude. Keep in touch...e-

Louisville here! I'm close, but not so close that I could drop by on a whim.

My experience has been a lot like Ernie's. If I hear one more person do a falsetto impression of Tiny Tim singing "Tiptoe Through the Tulips," I may have to lose my lunch on their NASCAR jacket. However, the few that I have met and/or heard of are pretty into playing.

Mary Lou Stout Dempler, one of the more highly regarded ukulele musicians and teachers is also from here. She's got CDs and she's written a book or two about playing as well. She sometimes has classes for guitar and ukulele through Bellarmine. Unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure of meeting her.

My tenor was actually made by my friend's dad here in town. He makes both standard shaped tenors and cigar box tenors. He's a classically trained guitar player who lived in Hawaii for many years and has since settled down here in Louisville.

I also have a concert-sized Kiwaya Rock Uke that I bought at a music store here (Steilberg String Instruments) ... they actually give ukulele lessons!

Baritone Ukulele in Georgetown KY

I've been playing uke for about three years now. I live in Georgetown and work in Lexington. I play a Lanikai, acoustic/electric baritone Uke. Would love to meet some other local players.

I've been playing uke for about three years now. I live in Georgetown and work in Lexington. I play a Lanikai, acoustic/electric baritone Uke. Would love to meet some other local players.

hey paulbsa,
i live and work in lexington. would like to meet other uke player too.

I am nearly 60 years young and have always wanted to play something that is portable (the piano and organ just aren't easy to pack). I asked for (and got) a Laniki Ukefor Christmas and am struggling with making my fingers limit themselves to just one string at a time. I'd love to get together with local Lexingtonians to watch, listen and learn. Are there any fests or jam sessions in or near Lex?

Top Bottom