Risa Ukes & Vespa Scooters

allanr

Reaction score
Yes it fits!

I remember a thread a while back about scooters and ukes. Any of you ukelelians who ride Vespa GT200s, or GTS250s, might be happy to learn that a Risa Soprano 'stick' (and gig bag) fits in the pet carrier under the seat.

I would love to be able to get a Vespa. I already have a Risa soprano solid. The closest I got
to a Vespa was a 180cc Yamaha Riva. I commuted across the I-90 bridge from Seattle to Bellevue
for a few years in the late 90's. I got blown around a bit so I decided I needed to either gain more
weight or get a bigger bike. I did both, of course, and went from 180ccs to an 1100cc Hond Goldwing!
Whew, that was a heavy bike! But I really enjoyed it for the next 3 years.

I now commute with an '88 Mazda 323, a bit rough, but it gets me places (even a weekend trip to
Bozeman, Montana to enjoy my son's last collegiate lacrosse games last year, before he ended his
eligibility).

Anyway, scooters and ukes! What a great combo.

Keep uke'in' and scootin',

I would LOVE a Vespa! Especially as it's summer (I use that word lightly, being in England...)

I'd probably just strap my uke to my back. It's a battered old soprano that cost me about as much as a sandwich.

:) such fun.

I dont have a scooter but my mom does. its good to use to save gas but our winter is soo long down where i live so it doesnt get used much. but i do have a risa lp and i use it all the time!

I just saw the photo of your Risa LP in the "uke p***" thread. That baby is HOT!

I live in Toronto, so am much too familiar with long winters. But I try to ride my GT200 as close to all year as I can. Usually manage to ride every month except January and February. I have friends that ride even in those months, but I won't ride if there is any snow or ice on the roads.

I just thought it was neat that I had a uke that fits into the "trunk" of my scooter :)

This weekend is AmeriVespa weekend in New Orleans - a scooter rally with over 600 registered riders. I'll see if I can spot any that are also sporting a uke. (Not a scooter type myself, but my partner is going to all their events.)

Been riding Vespas since the mid eighties. Got a P-2 and a Sprint Veloce now...so no under seat, but a Bajaj is on the way. For now I just sling my Risa Kidney Bean over my shoulder and strap the Vox mini three to the crashbars :) So cool to have another one of my quirks validated...first accordions palying ukers, now vespa riding ukers...
How does everyone feel about yo-yo's?
I love this place.

NOLAmoment- there will be Ukers at Amerivespa. I will not be one of them, but check this out
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?48561-First-neck-glue-job...

Last edited:
My uncle has Vespas but no ukes. I have a hot rodded little Suzuki GS500, the naked one from 2001. Just a bikini fairing and a chin spoiler. It's for carving canyons, not transportation though. Too much work to gear up unless I absolutely have to, and then I have to tweak it through the back gate just so. Room on the back of the seat for a laptop bag though.

Top Bottom