Tangi Tiny uke

eculuke

Reaction score
Just picked one of these little guys up.....I was wondering if anybody who has had one, if you had issues at first getting it to hold a tune?
Luke

Just picked one of these little guys up.....I was wondering if anybody who has had one, if you had issues at first getting it to hold a tune?
Luke

Yeah, I can get it tuned, but it won't stay unless I push those pegs in really tight and then of course, it's hard to make any adjustments without pushing them back out first. My fingers are sore from doing this, but it's waaaaaayyy cute and so glad I was able to get one! :)

What is the trick to tuning this thing...it seems to just slip....there has to be a trick

What is the trick to tuning this thing...it seems to just slip....there has to be a trick

The answer is right above. The tuners are like the old friction tuners. For them to hold the tension you have to push them into the headstock. To tune them you will have to pull them out slightly to get them to turn, then push them back in once the string is tuned.

I ordered one from Mike the other day but dont have it in hand yet. But, if it slips or difficult to tune, Ya might try an old banjo friction tuner trick. Use talc powder in the tuners. It provides a slight grip, but can be turned to overcome the grip easily.

Figured it out

you have to push the tuners out. I was trying to push them from the top down but its the reverse.

Top Bottom