The Great Ukulele Instrumental CHALLENGE, Part II, POLL/SONG THREAD!

austin1

Reaction score
The survey is now closed! Our winning song, by two votes is...

STARRY STARRY NIGHT, by Don McLean! Check out page 2 of this thread to see videos and chords, and then get cracking! By July 27th, 2011, we will all post our videos!

Last edited:
I just voted. Is there a link to use so we can see the results as they come in?

19 votes thus far, I don't want to influence the voting by telling you what's in the lead, but at the moment there are two songs neck and neck!

Its crazy that both those songs are called "neck".

I played in the last one, and voted.
We'll see what happens...
Cheers,
Skottoman

I voted. It'll never win, but I like it anyway.

http://www.kwiksurveys.com/results-overview.php?survey_ID=NHDEMH_b3e4a19c

I don't know if you guys can see it, but that's the results table for part two of the Great Ukulele Instrumental Song Challenge. Our challenge this time around is...

STARRY, STARRY NIGHT, by Don McLean!

Here's the original:

As well as two different versions:

Clay Aiken also does a version, but it's no good.

CHORDS!

There are other ones out there, but I found these: http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.gitaartabs.nl/gitaar/m/Mclean_don/vincent.txt

Get cracking all! Can't wait to see all our respective versions when July 27th rolls around!

If you have questions, comments, or need help, post here and we'll help each other out.

Great song. If I adapt the voicings from the Chet Atkins guitar version, it would probably make the most sense to do the song in C. There are some really neat patterns that start to emerge with some of the interval work - I can try to explain further if anyone else is trying this key.

Great song. If I adapt the voicings from the Chet Atkins guitar version, it would probably make the most sense to do the song in C. There are some really neat patterns that start to emerge with some of the interval work - I can try to explain further if anyone else is trying this key.

patrick, you need to post more, because you're awesome.

Is it allowed to use more than 1 instrument or just the ukulele?

The link is in the first post of this post
Here http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?48956-The-Great-Ukulele-Instrumental-CHALLENGE-Part-the-Second!
Just as a refresher, here are the goals and rules from last time:

GOALS:

--Learn from others and how they approach figuring out songs
--Hear and see everyone´s individual takes on the same song
--Learn to figure out songs by ear and through repetition
--Share tips, tricks, and techniques for arranging instrumentals
--Expand our musical horizons, improve, and have fun doing it

RULES:

--No singing allowed!
--All experience levels most welcome!
--Multitracks allowed
--Multiple people allowed in one video

Remember, this challenge is completely open-ended, and once the song is chosen, you have free rein to make it as simple or complicated as you like, in any key. The only thing you cannot do is sing!

wow, lovely song..... but extremely difficult
so hands to work.

Top Bottom