Anyone heard of this company?

haolejohn

Reaction score
O.K. UAS has hit me right in the wallet. I've already purchased a 6 string now I'm trying to save my money to buy some sopranos for my class and ukulele club but i come across this company that makes this: 8 String Solid Mahogany Dolphin Ukulele, Mandola, Uke it was on ebay. I want to get an eight string tenor later but this might be to good to pass. Anyone heard of dolphin ukes? On another side note. who makes the best strings? I currently have hilo strings on two of my ukes and aquila on my 6 string. I tune my tenor 4 with a low g but its time to get new strings. Help. please.

What is it, a ukulele or a mandola?

That sort of thing makes me go, hmmmm.

Looking at the pics I'd estimate that the gloss finish is about 1/4" to 1/2" thick and it's going to be a quiet beast.

I couldn't agree more about the gloss. If you look closely you can see the person taking the picture. I found a review on a Lawson uke that looks very similar to this and the person that bought it said that the bridge just snapped off after a week while trying to strum it. I think I'm going to pass. I'll save up for another Mele and spend the $80 on the ukulele club. I can probably get two sopranos for that price.

I have to agree with HH, the gloss finish looks like it might be too much, and therefor destroy the sound of the uke.

I dunno, I question the quality of the instrument. IMO, pass on this one and save up for a better one. LoMa was selling his 8 string Mele and here's one that's been in the Marketplace . . .

IMG_3186.jpg

Top Bottom